Meet our professionals
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
As part of that Global Security Operation Centre team, the Security Application Support Analyst (Cloud) will be responsible for supporting and enhancing the cloud security monitoring solutions used by our SOC. This position will collaborate with other security technical experts in support of key operational systems.
The ideal candidate is passionate about security, loves to solve technical challenges and enjoys learning new modern solutions. You should be able to demonstrate a detailed understanding of infrastructure operations and in-depth knowledge and experience around cloud provider solutions (Azure, AWS), cloud workload log management, log monitoring and Cloud SIEM solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Security Application Support Analyst (Cloud) is responsible for the following activities related to the Security Infrastructure operations:
Cloud Security Logging and Event Monitoring:
• Lead overall functioning of security events and log handling solutions, including their related components
• Work with internal service providers to ensure proper functioning of the infrastructure where the applications are installed
• Participate within new log sources onboarding project to ensure proper integration and content parsing
Cloud Security Logging and Event Monitoring:
• Participate in the evolution of the solutions
• Participate in roadmap, long-term evolution & product evaluation
• Share best practices and improvements for SIEM, Log collectors & Elasticsearch clusters
IT Innovation and Efficiency:
• Maintain knowledge & implement technologies related to IT/security management, Automation, DevOps
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The successful candidate will have expertise and solid experience (5+ years) in at least two (2) of the following areas:
• Cloud Security Infrastructure Support
• Security Solutions Support
• Security Infrastructure Support
• IT and/or Security Innovation and automation
Cloud Security Application Support Experience:
• Experience in supporting SIEM Solutions (i.e: Elastic, ArcSight, Qradar)
• Experience in supporting Log collection solutions (i.e: syslog, Rsyslog, syslog-ng)
• Experience in supporting Elastic solutions (i.e: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, Filebeat)
• Experience is using infrastructure automation solutions (ie: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc.)
• Experience with various log sources and security services from public cloud providers (i.e: AWS Security Hub, AWS, CloudTrail, AWS VPC Flow Logs, Azure Security Centre, Azure Monitor Logs, etc.)
• Solid understanding of identity and access management in cloud environments (i.e: AWS IAM, Azure Active Directory)
• Good understanding of enterprise scale cloud subscriptions
• Solid grasp of hybrid cloud environments
• Solid understanding of Linux based operating systems
• Scripting knowledge (Bash Shell, Python, etc.)
• Understanding of common data formats such as JSON, YAML, XM, Markdown
• Understanding of security operations and data protection
• Superb communication skills (Oral/Written)
Education and Certifications
• Degree in IT Security, Engineering or Technology related fields a major plus
• Relevant certifications are highly desirable
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.