Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to complex technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI and are looking for talented individuals to trail blaze with us. The person who gets this position will join a dynamic team using a method of collaborative management between the established technical teams. You will have the opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful buildings in Canada and to collaborate with experienced colleagues. We offer an innovative working environment using the latest desktop technologies such as Windows 10, Office 365, Skype and One drive for Enterprise, SharePoint Online.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Desktop Technician is part of the GTO Canada End User Services team.
The member will be responsible for the set up and support of desktop and laptop equipment for our client.
• Installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC equipment.
• The person will also troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Provide end-user assistance where required.
• Image Workstation for new deployments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Mandatory Technical Skills:
• Windows 10 ,Mac OS
• Office Suites 2013/2016 ,O365
• Support, configure, and deploy desktop and laptop
• Configure and troubleshoot hardware including printers, servers, network, and mobile devices
• Independently solve most desktop issues with minimal supervision; escalate remaining issues to a higher level
• Support and maintain desktop applications
• Create, update, resolve and escalate support requests within a ticketing system (Remedy ITSM is an asset)
• Documenting, tracking, and monitoring the problem to ensure a timely resolution
• Provide feedback to internal and external support teams
• Create and maintain clear documentation on various procedures of support
• Experience in corporate deskside support
• Customer service oriented
• Professional appearance since this is a client facing role
• Self-starter, ability to work independently
• Must be able to meet scheduled deliverables
• Team player
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
• French and English: spoken and written
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.