Senior Java Developer
The ideal candidates will want to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment on technical web based application projects. The candidate will want to be on the cutting edge of Java/Microservices, exploring exciting areas of our clients and CGI’s future business while keeping up the standard of being leaders in the industry.
We are seeking for a creative and innovative Senior Java Developer, someone who wants to contribute to Java Development. More specifically:
• Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle (from Analysis to Deployment)
• Participate to workshops (scope definition, business case, assessment, estimates…)
• Translate business requirements to system development
• Prepare Design documents
• Contribute to technical deliverable
• Implement technical solutions using the latest technology trends and best practices
• Involve with design, debugging, testing and deployment of applications
• Develop appropriate documentation as applications move into production
• Communication to all relevant project stakeholders for project progress and issues
• Escalation of key issues and/or recommendations to mitigate
• Contribute to the development of new ideas and best practices related to Web/Portal development
• Support the team during and after deployment
• Required Level of Education (include certifications): Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience with hands on experience in Java application design and development Hands-on experience with Microservices implementation
• Experience with high volume consumer web application development
• A DevOps and CI/CD enthusiast who will promote a culture and an environment which unites Agile with continuous delivery, integration, monitoring and automation to help development and operations teams be more efficient, innovate faster, and deliver higher value.
• Ability to partner with customers to identify needs and apply appropriate technical solutions
• Experience with back-end web development + server-side scripting
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills in a technical environment
• Solid knowledge of the project development and Software Development Life Cycle
• Strong leadership skills
• Team Player (coaching more junior team members) who adapts well to uncertainty or changing needs
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to build consensus and manage relationships
• Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written (English and French)
• « Must Have » Technical Skills:
o Application Server: Tomcat and Spring Boot
o Frameworks: Struts or Stripes or Spring MVC, Hibernate
o Methodology: Agile, DevOps, Safe, UML or other modelling techniques
o Source Control: GIT
• « Nice to Have »
o Technical Skills: Experience in Telecommunication industry and with TM Forum / Open API (i.e. Swagger file), Reactive Programming (Smallrye, Mutiny, Vert.x), Serverless/FaaS (Funqy)
o Experience selecting, integrating and configuration of Web Sites and Content Management Systems (CMS)
o Experience developing cross-browser compatible code based on web standards
o Others: IIS, SiteMinder, Eclipse, NoSQL, Continuous Integration (Cruise Control, Jenkins, Maven, ANT), Security (SSL, SHA-2, Certificates, Cipher…), Sonar, Checkmarx, Selenium
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.