Meet our professionals
As a Software Configuration Specialist, you will join the Technology department to provide and implement DevOps solutions automating source control, build, packaging, deployment, and code quality control.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in agile software development projects by priming and executing SCM activities such as build, packaging, and deployment.
• Set up and maintain automation by adopting trending DevOps technologies and processes.
• Ensure SCM infrastructure and tools, including Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, Confluence, and Azure DevOps, are current, reliable and operational.
• Support application deployment and troubleshooting of environments.
• Develop, document, and promote branch/merge strategies, build and packaging methodologies, and ensure they comply with both CIBC and industry standards and best practices.
• Communicate, present, and ensure compliance of SCM strategies to development teams.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Knowledge of SCM fundamental concepts and practices such as branch/merge strategies, build process, packaging approaches, and deployment best practice.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with Java middleware application build and deployment automation using Jenkins.
• Working Experience with:
• Cloud, Azure preferred
• Nice to have:
• Mobile native build (iOS and Android)
• Unix shell scripting
• Kubernetes, OpenShift
• Node/npm build
• .Net application build
• Jira/Confluence administration
• Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for anticipating, recognizing, and resolving technical (software, application or operational) problems.
• Able to build and maintain relationships within and across different teams.
• Client focus and attention to details.
What We Are Looking For
• Successful candidates must exhibit CIBC’s values of trust, team work, and accountability
• Must have Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science or related field
• Ability to understand customer needs in order to provide excellent service
• Must have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
• Must have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Must have 4+ years experience in the IT Industry
- Software Configuration
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.