Meet our professionals
CGI - USA - Knoxville and CGI: Creating jobs, growing communities
CGI is seeking an Application Developer (JAVA or Pega) to join our team!
Design and develop high quality enterprise application in a large enterprise.
Participate in unit testing activities to ensure the delivery of high-quality code.
Work with analysts and client partners to identify and resolve issues with system changes that affect Data.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Attend and contribute in design sessions to design system functionalities
• Build and maintain system functionality based on approved designs and following project standards
• Work with business analysts to ensure fidelity to designs
• Work with architects and senior developers as needed to create and follow standard approaches to design the application
• Unit test code using project processes and tools
• Perform Unit Integration Test prior to code being deployed to test environments
• Perform code reviews and other quality control measures per project standards
• Collaborate with other developers and provide guidance to junior developers
• Diagnostic issues reported by users in production environment
• Participate in production cutover activities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3 Years – Programming experience with Java or Pega development platform
• 3 Years – Experience with database structures, theories, principles, and practices
• Good working knowledge of the entire SDLC, IT systems and processes, development methodologies and their direct implementation to projects
• Ability to work both independently as well as collaborate with other project members
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines while maintaining quality requirements
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate to client and internal team members
• Ability to troubleshoot testing issues and escalate appropriately
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Understand Business Process Management concept
• Experience with SQL
• Experience using REST and SOAP services in enterprise applications
• Working knowledge in migration legacy system data to new application
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of applications and TFS
• Thrive in a team environment
• Experience working on geographically spread teams and interacting with developers, team leads, and product owners on a daily basis
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $52K-$75K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- REST Webservices
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.