CGI is seeking a Strategic Account Manager (Banking/Financial) to join our team!
This is an exciting opportunity will be in the San Francisco or Seattle area to spearhead an aggressive growth strategy for Banking business.
You will have full responsibility for the development, management and implementation of this growth strategy, leveraging the strong market position and current success of our team.
We are seeking a leader who will have senior responsibility for sales & account management.
Looking for you to drive revenue growth within existing accounts and secure net new clients in the San Francisco and Seattle regions.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable record of creating a vision based upon sound business practices and a clear understanding of the financial sector.
Will have recognition within the industry as a domain expert in Banking business processes and related technologies, and a record of defining, selling and delivering business and information technology solutions based on deep expertise in the sector.
Ability to create and produce “marketable” thought leadership is essential!
CGI is committed to growing, building and executing a strategic plan for Banking with targeted growth over 3 years of over $30M.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA
CGI and Banking - As financial organizations continue to operate with tightened budgets and continuous demands to reduce costs, many are converting high fixed-cost, in-house systems and operations to more flexible managed services, such as business process and application maintenance outsourcing and software-as-a-service.
Savvy capital markets organizations understand the need to seamlessly integrate into an existing business and IT governance structure to provide innovative solutions.
CGI’s financial Center of Excellences (COE) build on the success of our existing capabilities and enables global organizations to grow market share while gaining efficiencies with less risk and within expected project costs.
In the Banking segment, larger financial institutions are consolidating, diversifying and becoming globalized, while local banks are repositioning themselves to deliver value by providing specialized services.
CGI’s in-depth knowledge of banking technology, integration and IT consulting services has resulted in a strong presence in these segments.
Our successful relationship strategy and commitment to high quality delivery, leveraging a global delivery network including locations in India and Canada, has led to deep, long-term relationships with clients.
As a leader in growing a base of on-shore, low cost delivery centers capitalizing on “offshore fatigue”, we provide a more balanced, risk-mitigated model of global delivery that many large institutions are now aggressively pursuing.
CGI is a provider for 23 of the top 25 banks in the Americas and 16 of the top 25 in Europe.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Vice-President of CGI’s Northwest region, you will provide leadership for growing the full portfolio of CGI services throughout the region.
You will be challenged to win several headline pieces of business which showcase CGI’s depth and breadth of product and service offerings in the sector.
You will use your extensive experience and network of contacts to identify and develop new business opportunities.
Will represent CGI at industry events and further establish CGI’s presence in the market and reputation as a market leader.
Accountable for mentoring and developing direct reports and assessing strengths and weaknesses of the team on an ongoing basis.
- Develop the strategy, and leading the growth, delivery and profitability of the Banking practice
- Target and successfully engage new and target clients to grow CGI’s presence in the region
- Secure net new relationships and project work to expand CGI’s wallet share in existing and new clients
- Develop client relationships in the Banking sector with a focus on CXO/Enterprise level
- Develop effective, progressive and practical solutions for clients based on current markets trends, best practices and CGI’s depth and breadth of experience that leads to a high level of success and client satisfaction
- Maintain responsibility for Client Satisfaction, Global Delivery utilization, and managing project health reviews
- Collaborate with colleagues in Canada and India with large teams of experienced members for business development, staffing and project delivery
- Work closely with delivery management to transition, stabilize and run new business won
- Support expansion of CGI, including recruiting, mentoring and managing top tier talent
- Ensure superior client service and execution of engagements by demanding innovative, leading edge, practical analysis and solutions, involving the cross-functional delivery of services to clients
- Building and leading a team of subject-matter professionals to sell and deliver technology and business solutions to Banking clients
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- At least 7 years of experience defining, selling and delivering business and information technology solutions to the financial markets sector, with specific experience in Banking and/or other related markets
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a practice within a consulting organization (or a significant management role within a practice) with a focus on sales and delivery
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement a growth strategy in a consulting services environment
- Experience growing a P&L of $20M+
- Breadth of expertise and knowledge of the Banking industry, and demonstrated leadership
of Banking customer experience strategy and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong business and personal relationships with executive leaders in large and mid-tier financial institutions, and successfully manage those relationships
- Deep financial acumen, ability to structure and support delivery of appropriate margin for sold engagements
-Bachelor degree required - MBA preferred
-Ability to travel as required
- Tech Savvy with a deep interest and understanding of current/future technology trends in the Banking sector
- A high energy level channeled into a consultative style; this is a demanding role, but one in which the appointed candidate can grow their career within a dynamic environment and enjoy the autonomy and freedom to create success
- Proven track record of success, a collaborative and participative management style, a proven leader committed to the management and development of a high-performance team
- Strong communication skills that earn the respect and the trust of the clients and members; being credible in terms of domain expertise, markets knowledge and vision is crucial
- Executive presence and communication skills to engender confidence, build trust, and effectively influence fellow executive team members across the CGI organization; the ability to make presentations to all levels of the company and client organizations
- Drive and energy to work proactively and intensely in a dynamic and changing culture
- Action-focused and creative problem solver
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Development / Sales
- Business Strategy
- Financial Services
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.