CGI is seeking an AWS Application Architect to join our exciting team that provides support to a California State client within a modified Agile environment!
You will be joining and contributing to a dynamic and determined team that will be assisting a local Northern California public sector client to successfully transform how they provide services to their respective clients.
This digital transformation initiative will involve close collaboration with the client to architect, design, and develop a secure, user-centric, and mission-critical solution that will involve multiple teams that are organized to meet the client's needs through a fast-paced agile development approach.
This initiative will have a lasting positive impact on enhancing the citizen experience!!
You will have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues in different groups to help in the development of this solution. This critical client initiative must integrate several complex components using modern and diverse technologies.
This is the chance to further advance your career. Why?
• Full-time opportunity to become a member of an organization with $10 billion+ in annual revenues
• 70,000+ employees in 40 countries
We're offering a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, unlimited sick leave, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Participate in the definition of application architecture, technology stack; research new technologies, and prototype new ideas
• Develop future state cloud blueprints for key systems along with a transition plan and a roadmap, prototype solutions as needed
• Working knowledge of Databases, such as Amazon Aurora (PostgreSQL or MySQL), DynamoDB, Redis
• Experience with migrations to the cloud from both physical and virtual environments
• Strong hands-on technical leader with experience in Microservices, Cloud-native, and containerization architecture using either Docker, Kubernetes, and/or Red Hat OpenShift
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Understands how to work in an agile environment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Must have BS Degree with 5+ years experience/knowledge of the following: Angular/AngularJS, Node.js, and TypeScript
• 5+ years of experience architecting solutions in AWS based environments
• Strong understanding of AWS micro-services architecture with a proven track to design, develop, and implement cloud-native solutions
• Strong understanding of DevOps practices including automation concepts
Skill Set/Years of Experience:
AWS - 5+ years
Microservices architecture - 5+ years
Github / Bamboo / JIRA / Confluence - 5+ years
Angular/Node - 5+ years
Containers (Docker, Kubernetes) - 3+ years
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Education: BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, related IT field or equivalent combination of experience and education
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $84K-$147K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
- Container Technology
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.