CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules and locations.
Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career!
CGI is looking for an accomplished Senior DevOps Engineer with a deep understanding of multiple development and automation tools and technologies. This role can be located in Victoria or Vancouver.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Audit and make recommendations and improvements on current environments, including all operational aspects of a client environment from application, infrastructure, network, and security
• Build technical governance for technology operations for managed client environments and solely drive regular cadence with client partners and other collaborators
• Engage with multi-functional teams in design, development and implementation of enterprise scalable features related to enabling higher developer productivity, environment monitoring and self-healing, and facilitate autonomous delivery teams
• Build, release and manage configurations of production systems
• Deploy, automate, oversee and monitor cloud-based systems to ensure high availability, performance, scalability and security
• Solve issues across various platforms, networks and application domains
• Analyze and resolve application issues using logs, database queries, monitoring tools, server configurations, etc.
• Perform system recovery processes and tooling as needed
• Collaborate with different teams to meet project objectives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years progressive DevOps Engineering experience
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure DevOps Professional or CNCF Certified CKA preferred
• Experience building CI/CD pipelines, automating infrastructures and entire delivery pipelines, along with experience & expertise in deployments
• Possess significant experience executing and leading automated software deployments
• Excellent understanding of software development methodologies/standards, complex application domains, building strategies and processes
• Extensive knowledge on cloud, and experience building and running Azure/AWS infrastructure
• Extensive experience with a variety of DevOps tools including build/automation, configuration management and container orchestration
• Excellent client-facing skills
• Astute and passionate about engineering digital solutions that solves real business problems
• Willing to learn and absorb the rapid changes in the software engineering industry
Extensive knowledge and experience with at least one tool/technology from each of these categories:
• Cloud provider: Azure, AWS
• Scripting language: Groovy, Python, Perl, Shell, Bash, YAML, Power Shell
• Containers: Kubernetes, OpenShift, VMware
• Automation tooling: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Terraform, CloudFormation, Azure DevOps, ARM Templates
• Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk, ELK Stack
• Version control: Subversion, GIT, GitHub, Bitbucket
• Artifact management: Artifactory, Nexus
- DevOps Engineering
- Continuous Integration
- Kubernetes Administrator
- MS Azure Solutions Architect
- Software Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.