Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Knoxville and CGI: Creating jobs, growing communities
CGI is looking for a Junior Machine Learning (ML) Engineer who can join our emerging technology group in the digital insight practice. The ML Engineer will assist in designing & developing data ingestion and data transformation framework for modern data science solutions.
The Junior ML Engineer will also provide statistical trend analysis on large structured and unstructured data sets and analysis of advanced algorithms including artificial intelligence concepts. The candidate will also assist in adapting and modifying machine-learning algorithms to address user requirements and case studies, establishing new proof of concepts for our clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Data Ingestion of structured and unstructured data using Kafka, CDC, Spark, or similar technologies.
• Data transformation and analysis using HDFS, Hive, and Hbase or Cassandra or similar technologies.
• ETL Design and Development in the big data platform in Hadoop using technologies such as Scala, Spark, Python, Oozie, and more to support a variety of requirements and applications.
• Design and development of ML algorithms and frameworks
• Build ML models, fine-tune test results, and present findings using visualization applications like Tableau, Power BI
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Clear understanding of end-to-end ML model build value chain and deployment methods (MLOps)
• Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Computer Science or Linguistics Analytics; Master’s Degree preferred
• 0 - 2 years industry experience in applied NLP or combination of NLP and Machine Learning
• Experience: Natural Language Processing (NLP), Optical Character
Recognition (OCR), Selenium, Beautiful Soup
• Fluent with scripting in Python
o OCR libraries such as Tesseract, PyOCR, OpenCV
o NLP libraries such as NLTK, spaCy, or Stanford NLP
o ML libraries such as Scikit-learn, Spark, Tensorflow, Keras, or PyTorch oDeployment technologies such as docker, kubernetes, REST API and/or Flask
• Comfort with rapid prototyping and disciplined software development processes
• Software engineering experience in collaborative project settings
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
· Big Data
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.