Business Systems Analyst
Business Systems Analysts gather business needs, solicit product and enhancement requirements from end users and must be able to convert these requests to present to technology teams.
The ideal candidate will work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment where he/she coordinates various technical matters among multiple projects.
• Determining client requirements and transforming them into system specifications
• Specifying changes to existing business processes and/or creating new business processes to meet specific customer requirements
• Working closely with business experts, other technical staff, vendors, and contractors to understand business and system requirements that drive the analysis and design of system enhancements and project implementations
•Identifying opportunities for improving business processes, organizational design and corporate culture.
• Generating documentation for technical proposals, estimates, general design system test strategies and support procedures.
• Taking ownership of the Requirements Management Plan, System Requirement Specification (SRS) and assisting the Technical Team Lead in creating the System Design Specification (SDS) Documents
• Attending and documenting the necessary meetings to determine the exact requirements, and scheduling and / or conducting BRD and SRS walkthroughs
• Creating and reviewing Test Plans and Test Scenarios
•Perform capacity planning based on system metrics from production /test env, forecasted transaction volume
• Validating Test Results and analyzing defects
• Participating in management meetings and conferences as required
• Collaborating and working with distributed development teams located in Toronto, Montreal, Halifax and India
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems, an engineering discipline, or a related field
• General IT experience including hands on work experience as a Business or Systems Analyst or as a developer
• 10 years of general IT experience with a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Business System Analyst
• Experience in Technical Writing/ Documentation, Business Case Definition and Analysis
• Superior analytical, investigative and critical thinking skills
• Industry experience in Telecommunications preferred
• Ability to partner with customers to identify needs and apply appropriate technical solutions
• Be able to maintain the balance between clients and company value
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills in a technical environment
Solid knowledge of the project development and software development life cycle
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.