We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
We are looking for successful developers and consultants with a proven background in Agile/Waterfall/RAD development.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment. Communication and presentation skills are equally as key as the proven technical excellence that this candidate must demonstrate. This role will be very client facing and significant interaction with the client at all levels of management is part of this role. Clear, articulate and concise verbal and written English is a must have for this position. Canadian Government experience is a nice to have.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete tasks assigned by team lead or client PM (may include analysis, design, coding, peer review, testing, or deployment activities)
• Attend and participate in all required meetings
• Escalate issues and risks per the project escalation procedure 100% of the time
• Adhere to engagement processes and procedures including QMS, client coding standards, Concert etc., as well as those defined by the client PM
• Deliver all project tasks in accordance to the guidelines given in the clients Project plans
• Ensure that quality software is developed in accordance with the project’s Quality plan
• Ensure that code and the techniques used match the project standards for the technology
• Maintain a defect ratio of less than 5% for all tasks
• Follow project management processes (i.e., Change Management, Configuration Management, etc…)
Required Level of Education:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
Must have technical skills:
• • .NET Framework 4.5 or higher
• .NET Core 1.0 or higher
• .NET RESTful
• WebAPI 2012 or higher
• ASP.Net (Web Forms) 3.5 or higher
• ASP.net MVC 4 or higher
• Aspose 9 or higher
• AutoMapper 2 or higher
• Bootstrap .js 2 or higher
• C# (2005) or higher
• Cascading Style Sheets 2 or higher
• Enterprise batch job managing tools (i.e. active batch etc.)7 or higher
• Google Angular 2.0 or higher
• Internet Information Services (IIS)7 or higher
• jQuery 1 or higher
• Linq 3.5 or higher
• Microsoft Enterprise Library 4 or higher
• Microsoft Project 2010 or higher
• Microsoft Team Foundation Build 2008 or higher
• Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access) 2007 or higher
• Package manager (i.e. npm,Nuget,ProGet) 3.6 or higher
• Powerhouse 7 or higher
• PowerShell 3 or higher
• Resharper 4 or higher
• In depth knowledge of C# fundamentals(GC, Templates, LINQ)
• Experience in GUI development
• Parallel programming in C#
• Principles of UI Development
• Experience in working with messaging layers(Web service, TIBCO, JMS etc)
• Nice to have skills:
• Knowledge of PRISM, MVVM design patterns
• Experience with UI vendor libraries such as Telerik & Ingragistics
• Working knowledge of fixed income products
• Experience with WPF is desired
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Critical eye for detail
• Positive attitude
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.