At CGI we are looking for the creative and passionate .Net Developer with a proven background in Agile/Waterfall/RAD development. The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment and be able to work directly with clients and other CGI team members so communication and presentation skills are equally as key as the proven technical excellence that this candidate must demonstrate.
We are looking for successful developers and consultants with a proven background in Agile/Waterfall/RAD development.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced and challenging environment. Communication and presentation skills are equally as key as the proven technical excellence that this candidate must demonstrate. This role will be very client facing and significant interaction with the client at all levels of management is part of this role. Clear, articulate and concise verbal and written English is a must have for this position. A background or exposure to Capital Markets is particularly desirable but not essential for this role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete tasks assigned by team lead or client PM (may include analysis, design, coding, peer review, testing, or deployment activities)
• Attend and participate in all required meetings
• Escalate issues and risks per the project escalation procedure 100% of the time
• Adhere to engagement processes and procedures including QMS, client coding standards, Concert etc., as well as those defined by the client PM
• Deliver all project tasks in accordance to the guidelines given in the clients Project plans
• Ensure that quality software is developed in accordance with the project’s Quality plan
• Ensure that code and the techniques used match the project standards for the technology
• Maintain a defect ratio of less than 5% for all tasks
• Follow project management processes (i.e., Change Management, Configuration Management, etc…)
Required Level of Education:
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
Must have technical skills:
• ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET API
• MS SQL
• .Net Platform
• UI/UX design
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Critical eye for detail
• Positive attitude
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.