Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s 38 years of continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
Are you a Senior Testing professional with a desire to hone your Technical skills continuously? Do you have a good mix of both Manual & Automation testing experience? Do you want to grow horizontally & vertically within CGI? Do you like new challenges everyday? If your answer to all of these questions is a "yes" & if you want to be a part of our ever growing Banking Services division in GTA, this is your chance!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• This person serves as a hands on Test Lead and own all technical testing activities and services related to credit cards – both application level & retail cards
• Lead all Testing activities (Test planning, Design, Execution, Defect Management) for different Streams in parallel
• Coordinate with Business & Technical stakeholders to run SIT/UAT for different streams
• Prepare Test Plans, Schedules & Strategies
• Act as a test subject matter expert for technical solution and functional areas within the application and associated projects
• Develop or assist in developing strategic/tactical testing deliverables such as Test Strategies & Plans across multiple lines of business
• Perform requirements analysis and quality risk analysis
• Perform high-level and detailed test estimates
• Accountable for monitoring and reporting test progress & status to CGI/Client project management & executive stakeholders
• Oversee the development of test conditions/scenarios and traceability matrix(ces) for multiple teams
• Lead and coach manual/automated testing analysis and design
• Oversee the identification and preparation test data & manage Test data during the course of the project
• Manage tasks and assignments to onshore, nearshore, off shore team members
• Monitor and manage completion of assigned testing scope and deliverables
• Ensure all quality processes are followed
• Facilitate and run defect triage meetings for multiple initiatives
• Communicate progress of testing activities to the Test Manager or directly to client stakeholders
• Produce internal and client facing status reports, as required
• Perform additional system testing-related activities, as required
• Participate in and facilitate lessons learned reviews
• Collaborate with client team to collect, create, present, maintain, and store knowledge assets
• Maintain solid understanding of software testing best practices, methodologies and terminology
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required Level of Education:
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
• Industry recognized testing certification(s)
Must Have Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 7+ yrs working in Software Testing, Quality Assurance
• Minimum 4+ yrs leading test teams
• Minimum 3+ yrs working on projects in the banking domain, specifically credit cards
• Minimum 4+ yrs working with HP ALM or a similar Test Management Tool
• Ability to present Test Plans, Strategies, Test cases/execution results to Client stakeholders & steer Defect Triage meetings
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and oral and comprehension communication skills
• Positive attitude
• Flexibility, self-motivated, mature and has the ability to give and receive feedback
• Ability to working effectively and collaboratively with others to achieve common goals
• Able to multitask effectively
• Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills
• Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
• Able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members
- Agile Testing
- HP ALM UFT
- Jira management software
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.