We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We're expanding in Atlantic Canada and we need your skills, enthusiasm, and dedication as part of our team.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Quality Engineer, you will carry out the responsibilities required to ensure the quality of the software delivered to the client. Our Client has embarked on migrating legacy applications to Oracle Retail, leveraging Scrum Agile techniques. This is a critical application that helps the client with Planning to manage store operations and inventory.
• Performs testing of medium to high complexity to ensure that the system is implemented and functions as designed
• Ensures that testing meets organization standards for compliance
• Partners and collaborates with project team members and the business to design/develop testing strategies
• Creates medium to high complexity test plans and test cases utilizing business/solution requirements and technical design documentation
• Executes medium to high complexity test cases both manually and/or by automation
• Performs triage for medium to high complexity defects, which includes detection, risk assessment, documentation and retesting. Escalates more complex defects to the appropriate level
• Assesses software for stability
• Provides input to QA Project Leader on project status
• Share knowledge and provide guidance to team members
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications ( REQUIRED)
• 5-10 years of experience as a QA Engineer
• SAFe Agile / Scrum Experience
o Engaged in story definitions, assist agile team in story estimates and sequencing
o Engage in scrum ceremonies and agile project execution
• Interaction with Business and IT Stakeholders in RETAIL domain
• ETL, end to end and functional testing experience.
• Write and execute medium complexity SQL queries
• Run simple Unix commands and write and execute simple shell scripts.
Qualifications (NICE TO HAVE)
• Retail Merchandising / Planning Experience
• Exposure to Oracle Retail (RPAS), Mainframe would be a plus
• Good understanding of data analysis and data migration would be a plus
• Automation Testing experience
Bachelors Degree in related field
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- End-to-End Testing
- Functional Testing
- Test Case / Script Development
- Test Planning & Implementation
- Agile Testing
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.