CGI Federal is seeking a Cybersecurity Documentation Specialist in the DC Metro area to join our team and assist with a Department of Education cybersecurity project. Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge, starting in a responsible growth position, in a highly service minded team environment that offers multiple career opportunities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Documentation and Policy Guidance team is tasked to maintain the regular cycle of revision and updates, normally on an annual. The Documentation and Policy Guidance team is responsible to keep current any documents with Federal and Departmental policy and meets all guidance set forth by FSA.
• Maintain and annually (or as needed) update each security document.
• Maintain a schedule of updates.
• Maintain a library of possible sources of updates and cross-walk with current security library.
• Perform kickoff meetings for updates with agenda, recommended changes, and possible consolidation or retirement of documents.
• Provide ISSO updates, at the monthly ISSO meetings, associated with new procedures, processes, policies, or other security related issues.
• Maintain metrics associated with documentation and changes as related to artifacts, approval rates, timeliness, etc.
• Present metric updates at monthly ISSO meetings
• Create a monthly update on upcoming revisions, emergency updates, etc., trends and statistics, 30, 60, 90-day projections, and overdue revisions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience supporting documentation for Federal programs
• Experience writing documentation and procedural materials for varied audiences.
• Attention to detail coupled with effective analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
• Ability to work in a matrixed team environment and perform functional analysis to identify cross-relationships between requirements and identify appropriate resources to provide input.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
3-5 years of experience preferred
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.