CGI is seeking a skilled hands-on Technical Project Manager who is experienced working with data projects. As part of our St. Louis Metro, you will collaborate with the team to ensure deployments meet our clients’ needs. The role will manage data related tech implementations across at one of our largest telecom clients. This includes Data Strategy and Architecture, Data Warehouse modernization, BI and Traditional Reporting, Master Data Management, etc. This position is based in St. Louis. Candidates must be local to St. Louis or open to immediate relocation.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Leads data-focused projects
• Provides primary, day-to-day point of contact for the client and team members
• Defines and manages project scope
• Ensures the team is delivering the promised scope and quality deliverables in a timely fashion
• Manages the client’s expectations around scope to be delivered including being able to successfully negotiate scoping tradeoffs with client in a manner that fosters trust and builds the partnership with the client
• Envisions solutions based on the requirements of the project and can speak credibly and accurately to the technologies and overall architecture that can meet those requirements
• Builds and maintains project plans
• Identifies and manages project risks and issues including articulating and presenting the resolution options, their pros and cons, and the cost and timeline impacts to the project
• Creates and delivers strong presentations to communicate to the client
• Able to dig in and do appropriate analysis when and where needed to ensure the success of the project
• Builds strong trusting relationships with the client stakeholders and/or client project team
• Manages a team of consultants, including functional and technical resources, and their progress towards tasks that drive the overall objectives of the project
• Provides weekly status reports to the client as well as interim updates as needed
• Coaches functional team members to deliver successfully for clients while motivating them and helping them drive their development objectives
• Assesses skills and capabilities and participates in the evaluation process for functional team members
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Ability to analyze and interpret data
• At least of 2 years of consulting experience
• At least 3 years of experience managing data related technology implementations projects (e.g., Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Master Data Management, etc.)
• At least of 5 years of total work experience
• Growth-minded and focused on personal improvement in addition to delivering successful projects
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience with Data Warehousing and/or SQL is strongly preferred
• Experience with Business Intelligence is a plus
• Telecom Experience is a plus
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Project Management
- Client Relationship
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.