CGI Federal is seeking a Management Analyst III as an Executive Admin to support the COPS division under DOJ in DC.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The individual serves as a staff assistant with primary responsibilities to the Director Office
On own initiative, observes need for administrative or procedural notices or instructions to the staff; prepares necessary issuances and presents them for signature.
Other responsibilities to include:
• Devises and installs office procedures for the COPS organization. Gathers specialized information for use in reports, presentations, speeches, memos, briefing books, grant announcements, etc., the sources of which are not initially known and which may be available in only one or very few places.
• Receives and logs in all telephone calls and visitor. Determines the nature of each call or the business of visitors. Decides whether the nature of the call or visit requires the attention of the Director or Principal Deputy Director, if the call can be handled personally, or if it should be directed elsewhere. When the calls involve matters on which the Director, Principal Deputy Director, and/or an Executive Staff member should have background information, postpones the conversation, obtains the information, and presents it when informing the Director/Principal Deputy Director/Executive Staff member of the call.
• Maintains the Director’s and Principal Deputy Director's calendars, independently scheduling and shifting appointments. Reminds Director and Principal Deputy Director of appointments.
• Makes arrangements for meetings, conferences and briefings to be held, including space, time, people, etc. and assembles background material.
• Receives, logs in, and distributes incoming mail for the Director’s and Principal Deputy Director's offices. Maintains files for the Director and others as assigned.
• On own initiative, drafts correspondence concerning administrative matters, letters of acknowledgment, commendation, notification, etc.
• Makes travel arrangements for the Director and other staff. Arranges for transportation and hotel reservations and prepares travel orders and vouchers.
• Establishes and maintains administrative and or subject-matter files. Screens files and retires records as needed.
• Types a wide variety of correspondence, reports, briefing charts, tables and other written documents in final form. Assures proper format, spacing, and typographical accuracy of final products.
• Requisitions office supplies, publications, etc.
• Performs routine administrative tasks, such as photocopying, filing, and sending faxes.
• Assists the Chief of Staff with special projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 4 to 6 years as a high-level administrative assistant, staff assistant, executive assistant or related position
•Prefer a minimum of two to three years of experience in prescribed area of expertise with a required strong academic background.
• Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and format to accurately prepare written correspondence and reports is an absolute requirement.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and be a team player
• Ability to successfully complete a CGI Background Investigation to include; 50 State Criminal, Education, Employment, Credit and Driving Records Checks
• Must possess a current Department of Justice Public Trust waiver
• U.S. Citizenship
High School Diploma required
Bachelors degree preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.