We are going through a large-scale and significant digital transformation. We are looking for individuals who want to be part of this change, people who are passionate about their craft, and people who are excited about changing people’s lives through technology.
We are currently on a transformation journey. This includes replacing a significant part of its technology estate, evolving its product-engineering operating model, and streamlining and modernizing its business operation. This transformation is a key accelerator for the bank's business strategy, increasing our speed and ability to create compelling digital experiences for our customers. We are utilizing both modern and relevant architecture in addition to current software design and engineering approaches to become a world leader in digital banking experiences.
The Integrations Architect is a key role in this transformation, designing and managing the implementation of the interconnections of systems across the Bank. The person will be responsible to ensure that the architecture implementation is both fit for purpose, understood, and agreed by the team, in addition to ensuring it has been implemented as intended in alignment with the Enterprise-wide guide rails and policies.
This role must be located at one of the following locations: Wayne, NJ
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Candidate will manage a team of software engineers, collectively shaping the strategy, architecture, and standards of integration. This person will technically lead the team in the implementation of the strategy ensuring it is aligned with the architectural intent and the broader Enterprise guardrails (architecture, data, and security).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define the strategy for integration including event sourcing, real-time API, ETL, and other patterns
• Partner with business teams and engineering teams to understand needs, desired outcomes, and constraints; producing solution options and blueprints to enable the realization of those specific outcomes
• Create and maintain reusable building blocks - proven through POC and working code.
• Specify, publish and govern API standards in line with the Enterprise-wide standards for security and data
• Create unambiguous architectural direction for the integration team in alignment with Enterprise ambition and strategy.
• Consideration for operational concerns when creating solutions (monitoring, logging, deployment)
• Conduct code reviews with the team to ensure the architectural intent has been realized
• Conduct benchmarking / sizing and viability exercises via PoC to ensure the proposed architecture is fit for purpose, operationally sound, and appropriate for the problems you are solving.
• Continuous improvement of the architecture and implementation through an ongoing exploration of industry standards and technology and tooling advancements
Team membership responsibilities
• Grow, lead and continually mentor team through a complex, multi-phased implementation of the architecture providing hands-on delivery guidance throughout
• Support the career aspirations of your team members, providing continual mentoring and guidance.
• Recruit the best and continually nurture the team to achieve high performance.
• Ensure your team members clearly understand what is important through the definition of objectives.
• Reward and recognize team members' achievements.
• Resolve team member conflicts.
• Encourage team member development and career progression.
• Encourage a culture of learning and curiosity.
• Champion knowledge sharing.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
o Must have performed as an integration architect in complex hybrid (multi-cloud/datacenter) environments utilizing multiple integration patterns (events, API, ETL, etc.)
o Hands-on experience of technically leading an Agile team (acting as technical product owner)
o Experience building cloud-native solutions utilizing relevant and modern tooling
o Hands-on experience working with Azure public cloud
• Preferred: Prior knowledge and experience in a Financial Service industry in any of the following business areas:
o Retail Bank
o Commercial Bank
Skill Set/Years of Experience/Proficiency Level
• A deep understanding of technology and technology trends.
o Experience across a variety of architectures, technologies, and approaches beyond Cloud
o Excellent understanding of PaaS (ideally Azure), SaaS and IaaS, and Cloud-native designs
o Excellent knowledge of integration patterns (API, pub/sub, ETL) and the effective usage utilizing enterprise integration platforms (MuleSoft, Kafka, Azure Integration Services, Azure Data Factory)
o Understanding of Event-driven microservice architectures and serverless compute
o Hands-on experience with container technology (Docker / K8 / Azure AKS), sidecar patterns
o Experience with Hybrid cloud implementations
o Experience with highly Secure and highly available architecture
• A good grasp of the importance of data, recognizing the value of acting on empirical evidence.
• An ability to work closely with software engineers to resolve ambiguity and to impart an architectural intent.
• An ability to work with non-technical people to describe topics of a technical nature.
• Ability to work within a team, to enjoy being challenged, and to enjoy challenging others.
• Demonstrable problem-solving skills
• Experience in defining and managing an API estate including the tooling and process for designing, implementing, securing, and managing APIs
• Experience with designing and building event-driven architectures
• Experience with domain-driven design
• Experience with DevOps and CI/CD concepts
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Team Oriented, client facing skills, able to collaborate with multiple teams.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related Field
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $120,000-$160,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.