Meet our professionals
CGI is looking for a Senior Java / C++ Developer to work on a range of challenging assignments related to the evolution of a variety of financial applications.
Candidates must have strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure requirements are translated into specific solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Enforce coding standards and best practices
• Participate in planning of daily activities with the team members
• Participate in technical design and development activities
• Perform code reviews when necessary
• Support the team in troubleshooting technical issues
• Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of a team of developers for assigned projects
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification
• Knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and algorithms
• Programming experience with SQL
• Good knowledge of Unix/Linux shell scripting
• Good knowledge of XML, XSLT, XML Schema and JSON
• Masters concepts and standards of the software industry such as object-oriented design , design patterns, modeling languages (UML, etc. ) and communication protocols (SOAP, REST)
• Experience with development life cycle including Source control (Git, SVN, etc.), build scripts (Maven, etc.), development of unit tests (JUnit, etc.)
• Familiar in Agile/Scrum methodology
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies, applications and systems
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
Nice to have qualifications
• Experience working with IBM MQ and Tomcat server
• Familiarity with IBM DataStage
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.