CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! We support our members’ career aspirations, offering learning initiatives and provides access to our global health and wellness program. We also offer competitive salaries and benefits such as our share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance!
This is a superb opportunity to become a member of CGI Calgary to provide leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking an Intermediate Business Analyst who has a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in IT and/or Oil and Gas environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Resolve through reading documentation and interactive sessions with clients the business needs to be satisfied by new or improved IT applications
• Use business process and data modeling techniques and tools to capture and analyze requirements
• Formally detail findings and present proposed solutions to clients
• Provide Business Analysis support for Agile projects
• Write high level functional and non-functional requirements
• Develop use case views and use cases
• Prepare and maintain project work according to CGI's ISO certified processes
• Play a lead role in the development of business requirements documentation
• Facilitate requirements workshops with clients and team members
• Optimally partner with and communicate requirements to technical team members
• Participate in defining and potentially executing some aspects of system testing and quality assurance
• Assist in defining estimates
• Mentor and provide leadership to other business analysts
• Ensure Business Analysis tools, processes and techniques are current to industry standards
• Participate in and occasionally lead delivery of IT projects
May be required to:
• Assist in developing project plans for the related tasks of a project and proposed solution options with costs/benefits
• Assist in crafting logical, physical data models and storyboards.
• Lead or participate in requirements capturing workshops
• Develop and implement test cases
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Business process analysis and modeling experience
• Requirements gathering and analysis experience in large business or government settings
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced team environment with multiple priorities
• Ability to perform efficiently under limited supervision
• Strong collaborative, analytical, problem solving and time leadership skills
Nice to Have:
• Microsoft Visio
• Data modeling
• Microsoft Project
• Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, Business Administration or related equivalent
• Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP); or Certified Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Business Analysis
- Agile Business Analysis
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Data Modeling
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Test Case / Script Development
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.