CGI has an opportunity for an Administrative Coordinator in support of the firm’s Strategic Planning team. In addition to supporting the logistical planning associated with leadership meetings and forums, the Coordinator will support a range of day-to-day administrative needs for various projects across the team. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Meetings & Events, the Coordinator will also occasionally provide meeting scheduling support to the Vice-President.
Due to the logistics aspect of the role. This is an in-office role based in Montreal's Head Quarters.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Coordination support for leadership meetings
• Providing event logistics and planning support throughout the year in support of the annual leadership conference for 1300+ leaders from around the world and quarterly learning forums
• Supporting the administrative needs for the conference, including coordinating registration list management and tracking, breakout group and table seating assignments, and on-site logistics (when returning to in-person) such as signage, décor, shuttle coordination, printing, and coordinating team meeting requests and chargebacks.
• Working with the project team and speakers to ensure logistics requirements for A/V and meeting space are organized and coordinated with the venue/s.
• Using a master run of show schedule as a guide, creates personalized event schedules for executives.
• Coordinating event travel and logistics for special guests and VIPs.
• Working with the VP and executive assistants, creates schedules for content reviews and dry runs.
• Providing a wide range of on-site or virtual support over the multi-day meeting.
• Supports follow-up actions such as vendor invoicing, budget reconciliation, and payment coordination.
Support for Corporate Meetings & Events function
• Maintaining a master calendar of key leadership meetings.
• Maintaining the master list of attendees and profile information for quarterly leadership meetings.
• Supporting venue research, including hotel & meeting space.
• Coordinating with the venue/s and internal stakeholders on A/V requirements and food and beverage.
• For non-local meetings, coordinating with others to ensure execution of flawless meetings.
• Maintaining meeting apps, including uploading materials and surveys.
• If needed for local meetings, providing on-site support.
Other day-to-day administrative support
• Setting up in-person and virtual meetings with internal stakeholders for various team members, as needed
• Maintaining updated lists of planning community members
• Helping prepare and distribute meeting agendas or other content, as needed.
• Preparing binders, presentation packs, or copies for meetings.
• Working with Finance to set up vendors within the procurement system.
• Maintaining teams’ electronic file systems to assure alignment with records retention.
• Proofreading and providing quality checks on formatting for planning materials.
• As needed, provide other administrative support to the VP or team members for key projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• 1-2 years of experience as an administrative assistant supporting a small team or an individual executive.
• Experience in supporting meeting and/or event coordination.
• Experience working in a professional services firm.
• Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong collaborator who builds positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work on a variety of projects with different project managers at the same time.
• Fluency in French and English, both written and spoken, as this is a global role.
• Ability to work flexible hours in line with business needs and critical deadlines.
• Customer-focused; delivers results and demonstrates personal accountability.
• Highly organized, quick learner, and flexible to adjust priorities and deliverables within tight deadlines.
• Precise, conscientious attention to detail.
• Discretion in handling and/or having access to details of executive-level meetings.
• Intellectual curiosity – asks questions and strives to find new and innovative ways to complete tasks.
• Confident and comfortable interacting with executives at all levels.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.