Are you #CGIready? It’s an exciting time to apply your valuable skills and to push for what’s possible in the future with a Canadian leader. Careers start strong at CGI where our human approach has made us Canada’s largest IT & Business Consulting services provider. We are driven and entrepreneurial, looking for ambitious thinkers and change-makers. Our roots may be in Canada, but our impact is global and yours will be too.
We are looking for bright and energetic individuals to support client journeys in high-end business and IT consulting, systems integration, transformational outsourcing, and intellectual property.
Are you looking for a job, which enables you to work with a team of industry-leading professionals? Do you want to gain hands-on experience that could lead to full-time employment upon graduation? Then please, keep reading!
Who you are?
• Have analytical curiosity, strong data-oriented skills and a statistical programming background
• Possess a successful track record of designing and developing AI/ML algorithms for private or public sector solutions
• Up-to-date with the latest technology trends, have a strong desire to constantly learn and be ready to put on the hacker's hat at any time to convert an idea into a demonstration
• Highly detailed-oriented with exceptional organizational and follow-through skills
• Self-started and able to execute without a lot of direction or oversight
• Exceptional communication skills, with an ability to make advanced analytics concepts accessible and understandable to non-technical business users
• Value collaboration and urgency; and have a passion for driving impact
Your future duties and responsibilities:
What you’ll do
• Solve some of the most challenging and impactful problems for financial services, insurance and the government by using artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing and big data
• Drive innovation into Analytics solutions and focus on humanizing enterprise software to achieve better customer experience and to enable data-driven business decisions
• Work on high priority initiatives using advanced analytics, predictive modeling and a variety of data sources to produce actionable business insights
• Ideate, conceptualize, design, develop and maintain AI/ML algorithms that provide data insights that drive operational efficiencies and cost savings
• Build production grade models on large-scale datasets. Utilize advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, and data mining techniques
• Provide guidance to a customer and project team with respect to technical feasibility, complexity, and level of effort required to deliver a solution
• Work closely with other team members to further develop metrics, KPIs, and insights that measure business performance improvements
• Assist in the development and delivery of pre and post sales POCs, presentations and proposals for client engagements
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
What we look for?
• Have an interest in predictive analytics and data mining projects
• Have an interest in using complex machine learning methods and algorithms
• Have an interest in working with one or more data mining tools such as R, Python, Scala or SAS
• Hands-on experience working with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, and/or Hadoop
• Hands-on experience writing complex SQL queries and working with relational databases such as Oracle, DB2 or SQL Server
• Hands-on experience constructing and manipulating JSON and XML documents and working with NoSQL databases such as MangoDB and CouchDB
• Good understanding of microservices architecture and hands-on experience working with REST APIs
• Self-directed and demonstrable problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of modern software development techniques and methodologies
• Knowledge and practice of secure software development processes
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.