CGI is looking for a skilled software engineer who works largely independently within defined projects/work streams and is checked on end results. This person will have an executional role in design and development projects or acts as an expert tester who designs test scripts and provides overall project guidance and planning support. He/she advises internally on solving functional and technical problems regarding the assigned applications and Infrastructure.
This position is based in Houston, Texas.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for keeping all user-facing services and other DSX production systems running smoothly.
• SREs are a blend of pragmatic operators and software craftspeople that apply sound engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to the client’s environments.
• Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents.
• Run the client’s infrastructure with Terraform and Kubernetes.
• Use monitoring and alerting to alert on symptoms not outages.
• Document every action so that your findings turn into repeatable actions (playbooks) and then into automation.
• Improve the deployment process--we want to make it as boring as possible.
• Design, build and maintain core infrastructure pieces that allow DSX to scale to support hundreds and then thousands of concurrent users.
• Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
• Plan the growth of the DSX infrastructure.
• Think about systems, and particularly edge cases and failure modes.
• Projects you could work on - Coding infrastructure automation with GitHub Actions and Terraform.
• Helping to plan, prepare for, and execute the migration of DSX from virtual machines running on Azure to cloud-native container-based deployments with Kubernetes using Azure Kubernetes Service.
• Improving Prometheus Monitoring or building new Metrics.
• Know your way around Linux and the Unix Shell.
• Have strong programming skills--preferably Nodejs, but it could be Python, Go, .NET or even Ruby.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate asynchronously.
• Proven ability to document comprehensively so you don't need to learn the same thing twice.
• Have an enthusiastic, go-for-it attitude.
• When you see something broken, you can't help but fix it.
• Have an urge for delivering quickly and iterating fast.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Experience with Nginx, Docker, Kubernetes.
• Experience in deploying new versions of DSX.
• Experience in Implement "Infrastructure as Code" using Terraform and GitHub CI/CD for automation.
• Experience in Load balancing of the application including Proxies and CDN.
• Experience in Kubernetes and containerising our system.
• Experience in administering a high-availability MSSQL cluster.
• Monitoring and Metrics in Prometheus and Grafana, and their integrations with Slack/PagerDuty.
• Experience in Backend storage management and scaling.
• Experience in Disaster Recovery and High Availability strategy.
• Experience in Contributing to code for services and automation.
Soft Skills & Experience
• Proven track record of building strong stakeholder relationships at different organisational levels
• Able to produce high quality business-facing deliverables and activities to drive and sustain change.
• Improve documentation all around, either in application documentation, or in playbooks.
• Share our learnings with other teams, either by creating issues that provide context for anyone to understand it or by writing blog posts.
• Resilient and able to manage challenge and resistance
• Results/outcomes oriented, business value focused
• Confident and able to work in high-ambiguity work environment
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.