Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting our Federal clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our business while keeping up with the standard of being leaders in the industry. We offer a chance to develop a career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials and training, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Cyber Security Tools Engineer on our CDM DEFEND program. You will work with a highly technical team focusing on integrating next generation cyber security technologies for a strategic federal customer. Activities include hands-on administration, implementation and configuration of security tools to enhance the risk posture of customer networks. Will apply technical expertise in implementing efficiencies and creating strategies to better detect and respond to cyber incidents by prioritizing mitigation actions. Must be able to collaborate and lead a diverse group of Security Engineers in developing solutions for complex challenges.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Daily activities include working with customer teams and supporting current tasks and activities.
• Work closely with customer delivery managers to prioritize daily tasks.
• Participate in technical meetings with customers’ technical specialists.
• Provide Tier 2/3 support for incidents relating to security tools/solutions.
• Continuously improve customers’ security deployments and integrate new technologies and services.
• Maintain current VMWare ritualized environment.
• Develop, refine and execute deployment processes.
• Maintain client confidence and keep information confidential.
• Train other team members on systems and capabilities.
• Identify, escalate and communicate issues in a timely manner.
• Design, implement, monitor and maintain secure virtual environments.
• Write and update operations process documentation, system operating procedures and training materials required to help team provide exceptional user support.
• Understand the underlying principles, processes, enabling tools and technologies for virtual environment management.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• 8+ years of experience administering Windows, Linux and/or virtual infrastructure to include installation, configuration and maintenance of enterprise networks.
• Expertise in implementing security technologies to include Tenable, Qualys, CrowdStrike and Axonius.
• Expertise in implementing and managing boundary defense technologies to include Firewalls, Palo Alto and Cisco appliances.
• Experience working closely with customer’s network and operations team to resolve issues or security concerns of tools/services.
• Familiarity with SIEM technologies and managing suite of tools to include AWS Management Tools.
• Ability to take ownership and accountability of assignments, build and share knowledge, work independently and collaborate with business partners, clients, other contractors and end users.
• Excellent customer service and people skills.
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication and relationship building skills.
Proactive and self-motivated, committed to achieving deadlines and meeting and producing results.
• Proven ability to produce quality deliverables within aggressive timelines and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Experience working on large integrated project teams following structured methodologies for project management, business process transformation and organizational change management.
• Ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, clients, contractors, subject matter experts and end users.
• Security relevant certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+ or CEH.
• Excellent oral and written communication.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.