Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
Would you like to grow with an IT organization offering greater opportunity and challenge? Join the CGI team and get your career on the fast track!
Our employees work in a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting our Federal clients. We are on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our business while keeping up with the standard of being leaders in the industry. We offer a chance to develop a career in a meaningful way and be part of our hardworking and dedicated team. Reach your full potential thanks to learning materials and training, mentoring and coaching, as well as ongoing recognition and feedback programs and career opportunities!
Our benefits include a share purchase plan, a profit sharing program, wellness credits and flexible schedules that guarantee a good work-life balance.
CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a Qualys Engineer to support our DHS CDM DEFEND program. The Engineer works as part of small team delivering continuous monitoring and cybersecurity capabilities to multiple small agencies from a shared services solution. This role provides the opportunity to continuously learn new technologies, work with multiple federal clients and work with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for understanding the technical configuration of multiple federal agencies and leading the agency integration into a cloud-based shared services platform.
• Will require establishing, troubleshooting and maintaining a secure communication path from the agency to the FEDRAMP High solution.
• Implement and configure security products for each agency, including vulnerability scanners, endpoint protection tools, firewall, VPN and network access control.
• Work closely with a small team to meet each agency’s integration goals as part of a matrixed team of SMEs supporting each of the security tools or capabilities.
• Assist in the maintenance of technical documentation of each agency’s architecture and configurations.
• Assist the agencies in understanding and implementing continuous monitoring.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
• Experience with implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting the following Qualys modules:
o Web Application Scanning
o VMDR modules: Configuration Assessment, Certificate Assessment, Continuous Monitoring, Threat Protection, and Patch Detection; and
o Indication of Compromise (IOC).
• Ability to work with highly technical teams across diverse technical disciplines (development, engineering, documentation, policies, etc.).
• Experience with firewall configuration, including Palo Alto next-generation firewall (NGFW).
• Experience troubleshooting communications paths.
• Ability to establish working relations at all organizational levels and demonstrate ability to diplomatically and effectively deal with government officials and program office stakeholders.
• Self-motivator with ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision or direction.
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
• Ability to balance and prioritize many diverse tasks at once.
• Familiarity with Federal Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) policies and configurations.
• CISSP or other security certification.
• Agile, especially SAFe.
• McAfee, ICAM tools such as SailPoint.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.