Role – Datastage Technical Lead / Architect
The ideal candidates will want to work in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment where he or she works closely with our internal and external clients.
The ideal candidate will want to be on the cutting edge of technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients and CGI’s future business while keeping up the
standard of being leaders in the industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform analysis, design, development and testing of various application components on IDR;
- Ability to understand users' business requirements and translate them to specifications;
- Provide Technical Lead support; produce effort estimates, technical documentation, stay attuned to latest technologies;
- Interface with customers when required;
- Work with the team members located in a different location (i.e. Toronto, India, etc.);
- Overseeing a team of technical developers (onshore and / or offshore).
Required Work Experience:
- 7+ years of application programming and analysis experience required with DataStage v8.5 or higher;
- Broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards required;
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using proven or emerging technologies;
- Creates and executes development plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Liaising with the Business to ensure the development team meets business expectations and planning future changes to achieve improvements;
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical direction to the development team;
- Reviews work of development team and responsible for code quality;
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions;
- Resolves critical production issues;
- Responsible of providing business communication;
- Ability to provide coaching to more junior resources..
Required Level of Education (include certifications):
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent work experience.
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated leadership;
- Analytical skills;
- Strong team player;
- Customer oriented;
- Excellent written and verbal communications;
- Ability to extract specifications from clients.
- 7 years direct experience working with:
o SQL for DB2 z/OS;
o DataStade v8.5 or higher (must have);
o In depth knowledge of common QA best practices, principles and processes.
- Unix/Linux Scripting;
- In-depth experience transforming system requirements into technical requirement;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail and thoroughness;
- Strong teamwork and communication skills, plus a flexible approach to tasks and the working environment;
- Bilingual (French/English).
Other Requirements (e.g. travel, shift work, on-call duty, overtime):
- Occasional overtime required to meet project time lines.
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.