Meet our professionals
CGI UK Careers – Be Part of Our Story
Our Utilities sector shapes and delivers solutions at the heart of GB energy and water markets. We advise on, formulate, deliver and service some of the largest and most business critical programmes in the sector. This encompasses all aspects of the value chain from upstream production/generation, through wholesale markets and networks infrastructure to downstream B2B and B2C supply and smart metering.
Our utility retail team is expanding to further innovate and deliver solutions for existing and new clients and we are looking for a business development specialist to lead our growth agenda. We work with a wide range of clients, including ‘Big 6’ energy suppliers, major independents and new entrants. We cover the full project lifecycle from industry advisory, business change, solution strategy scoping, requirements, design, implementation and support utilising the leading technology packages. This role allows you to take full ownership of a large and complex portfolio of inter-related projects and work streams to deliver the agreed business outcomes for the client.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Prospecting campaigns
• Business development
• Opportunity pipeline management
• Pursuit leadership
• Handover to account team
• Client relationship and business development
• Service delivery
• Team and Member Management
• Developing a working knowledge of, and keeping up to date with, CGI’s operating model.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• A proven track record of generating new business (new client, new offering or new business area)
• Demonstrable experience of business development within the utilities sector; ideally either energy retail or water industries
• Ability to sell a range of IT services including consultancy, major systems integration solutions (design, build, finance, operate), and long-term managed IT projects
• A deep understanding of the current challenges and selling environments in the energy and/or water retail sector
• Ability to balance flair and innovation with the commercial imperative
• A self-starter, who can lead deals and manage matrix teams and demonstrate strength in relationship development and ongoing management both internally and externally.
CGI has offices throughout the UK and so we will consider candidates who are happy to be based in either Solihull, Manchester, Liverpool, London or Newcastle offices.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.