Ready to join an outstanding culture that cares about diversity and inclusion, corporate social responsibility and gives the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, and chart an exciting career?
CGI is more than just an IT company. Be part of a team that supports the community with the ability draw on outstanding talent! Benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing opportunities, competitive benefit plan, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
CGI Victoria is looking for a collaborative and creative human centered design professional to transform sophisticated tasks into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use digital experiences.
We believe in the transformative power of customer-centricity to help tackle business challenges and achieve business goals. The global reach of CGI’s diverse capabilities means that you will have the opportunity to collaborate with related areas, including data science, business analysis, communications, and organizational change!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
In your role as a user experience designer, you will use your skills to plan and conduct research and usability testing, perform data analysis, and build artefacts such as journey maps, personas, and high-fidelity wireframes. You are experienced in working with interdisciplinary teams across a range of digital touch points to solve sophisticated user experience problems using human-centered design.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- A deep understanding of human-centered design practices.
- A passion for new technologies, a desire to innovate, and objectivity.
- Strong analytical skills, including data analysis, backed by technical expertise.
- Proven experience in planning and completing research activities, including contextual interviews, surveys, co-design sessions, usability testing, and heuristic evaluations.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools used widely within the design community.
- Proven experience with creating, testing, and rapidly iterating wireframes of different fidelities, crafted for consistent delivery across web and mobile.
- The ability to clearly articulate your ideas and defend your work to clients and teams.
- An adaptable approach to address ambiguity, and to fit project goals, timelines and parameters.
- Experience working in an agile, digital product - development focused environment.
- Understanding of user testing methodologies, usability, and accessibility standards and practices (WCAG 2.0).
- Outstanding communication skills.
Please be prepared to share your portfolio, describe the roles you have played and the outcomes you helped achieve.
- Degree or diploma in a design or related field; or the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Agile UX
- Data Analysis
- Usability testing
- User Experience Design
- User Interface Design
- User Scenarios
- User stories
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.