CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career. Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs, and flexible work schedules and locations.
Are you motivated by the opportunity to delight your clients by providing them with innovative solutions to sophisticated technical problems? These are exciting times for CGI, and we are looking for hardworking individuals to innovate with us. If you thrive on innovation where you can influence the direction of technical strategy, come and join our team!
This is a superb opportunity to join our CGI-Edmonton team providing leading information technology services to our clients. We are seeking Visual Basic .NET Developers to work in our enterprise environments.
As a successful candidate, you'll have a combination of maintenance and development experience and be working with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. As part of our team, you will work with and learn from our expert developers and architects and have numerous opportunities to use your expertise to become a key part of our client engagements.
If you are looking to advance your career while gaining experience in an exciting and diverse development environment, this is the opportunity you've been looking for!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the support and enhancements of existing applications, and delivery of new software programs and applications
- Develop data extractions or reports from client requirements, and investigate data-related issues
- Develop strategies for improving and modernizing existing applications and systems
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages as well as improve existing software (Revise, update, refactor and debug code)
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Develop documentation throughout the software development process (SDLC)
- Serve as an authority on applications and provide technical support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 3 years .Net experience in application development and maintenance
- Demonstrable experience as a .NET Developer (API and backend services) with knowledge in C#, Visual Basic .NET
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server, and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC))
- Exposure to architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Experience with databases such as NoSQL, Cosmos DB, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, RDBMS, and/or MySQL
- Web services such as REST-JSON and/or SOAP-XML
- API and backend services development using .Net Core
- Experience working with cloud services (e.g. developing for Azure or AWS PaaS environments) is an added advantage
- Experience with Container technologies (e.g. Docker), experience with OpenShift or Kubernetes.
- Git and GitHub
- Application deployment automation using (Jenkins, GitHub Actions, and/or Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Talend
- OWASP Security Testing
- Familiarity with Grafana analytics and monitoring tools
- Experience with reporting tools is an added advantage
- Experience in working in an Agile development environment
- Degree, diploma, or certification in Computing Science or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Desirable certification in Cloud Services (e.g. Azure) is an added advantage
- Application Development
- Requirements Analysis
- SQL Server
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.