We have an outstanding technology opportunity in the Data Engineering practice to deliver modern data solutions. As Principal Data Engineer you will lead the design and development of data services in support of the Enterprise Data Lakes and Analytics Platform.
In this role you set out the technical direction for the team. You will work closely with our data architect to craft secure, scalable, resilient cloud-based services. As the most senior technical member of your team, you will guide other specialists and help develop their technical skills.
Business success isn’t just about where you’ll go and how you’ll get there. It’s also about who you’ll team with. We are committed to making our story about you and your successful journey, serving as an insightful and resourceful partner.
Founded in 1976, CGI is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. We are insights-driven and outcome-based to help accelerate returns on IT and business investments.
In all we do, our goal is to build trusted relationships through client proximity, providing industry and technology expertise to help you reach your career objectives and meet the needs of customers.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Proven track record of working in collaborative teams to deliver high quality data solutions in a multi-developer agile environment following design & coding best practices.
• Outstanding SQL skills and experience performing deep data analysis on multiple database platforms.
• Ability to develop ELT/ETL pipelines to move data to and from Snowflake data store using combination of Python and Snowflake SnowSQL.
• Knowledge and expertise of data modelling techniques and best practices (Relational, Dimensional), plus any prior experience with data modelling tools (eg. PowerDesigner).
• Prior experience with Data ingestion tool sets (e.g Apache NiFi, Kafka) is advantageous.
• Experience in working with AWS, MS Azure or other cloud providers. Experience with AWS services such as Lambda or S3, AWS Certification.
• Experience in Data Architecture (Database design, performance optimization).
• You have excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong Focus on resiliency & reliability.
• Nice to have: Scripting/coding experience in any of the following: Python, Unix, Java.
The Value you deliver
• Simplifying and effectively communicating technical challenges, solutions options, and recommendations to business partners and technology leadership.
• Provide technical leadership and support in data and solutioning to team members (coaching others to their full potential).
• Produce scalable, resilient, cloud-based systems design aligned with our long-term strategy.
• Collaborate with chapter leads, squad leads, tech leads and architects on setting the technical roadmaps.
• Recognizing opportunities to bring emerging technologies to deliver innovative solutions to meet business challenges.
• Understand detailed requirements and deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Take ownership and accountability.
• Adaptability to a changing and challenging workload.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The Expertise we’re looking for
• Bachelors or Masters in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering etc.) required.
• 8+ years of related experience in data engineering, analysis, data warehouses, data lakes. Specialist understanding and experience of methodologies like data warehousing, data visualization and data integration.
• Strong experience with relational database technologies (Oracle SQL & PL/SQL or similar RDBMS), preferably Snowflake or other Cloud Data warehousing services.
• Strong expertise in all aspects of data movement technologies (ETL/ELT) and experience with schedulers.
• Practical experience delivering and supporting Cloud strategies including migrating legacy products and implementing SaaS integrations.
• Proven experience in understanding multi-functional enterprise data, navigating between business analytic needs and data, and being able to work hand-in-hand with other members of technical teams to execute on product roadmaps to enable new insights with our data.
• Crafted and implemented operational data stores, as well as data lakes in production environments.
• Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery. Developing and deploying pipelines. Deploying within a cloud native infrastructure would be advantageous.
• Able to work collaboratively with a geographically diverse team.
- Data Analysis
- Data Engineering
- Data Modeling
- Data Warehousing
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.