At CGI we’re on the lookout for an inspiring leader who can help us win key IT projects where we can have a real impact. We are looking for a Director focussed on business development and strategic sales growth within the UK Government space and associated departments, agencies and public bodies.
In the past year CGI’s Central Government business has shown impressive growth, driven by our success in winning and delivering to our existing clients and new departments and agencies. We plan to go much further and to achieve our growth plans we need individuals with the ambition to match ours. This is a strategic role, with the primary objective of driving business growth and executing on CGI’s future vision.
This role will offer a hybrid working model with a mix of remote and site-based working. You can be based anywhere in the UK but regular travel to London will be required.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Director of Consulting Services (DCS) at CGI you will help shape the on-going digitisation of the UK Government sector and take responsibility for leading a number of proposal teams who will propose solutions to some of the most complex problems in UK Government enabling them to continue with the process of digitisation and the realisation of accompanying business benefits.
This is a key role within our business and your role will encompass the following:
• Utilise existing network to build on and maintain key relationships whilst growing the sales funnel by proactively identifying opportunities
• Develop strategic Solution Sales from initial qualification to contract signature
• Create (and then lead) virtual teams, encompassing bid management, service and solution architecture, finance, operations etc.) to successfully bid for contracts within an agreed bid budget
• Ensure our clients grasp the short and long-term business and financial value of a relationship with us by demonstrating the full breadth of CGI’s capabilities
• Work closely with Vice-Presidents to identify, qualify, pursue, execute and close deals
• Work with the delivery function to ensure offerings and capabilities can be delivered
• Collaborate with clients to understand their needs, requirements and expectations
• Engage early in the sales cycle to be able to influence strategy and effectively position yourself and CGI to create the opportunity to differentiate
• Build and develop win plans
• Participate in weekly Business Development strategy meetings
• Lead proposals/bid teams
• Own the client relationships and manage through to closure
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Highly driven and creative with the ability to identify and work with a range of customers, understand their needs, and develop business and technical solutions with them
• Demonstrable successful track record of solution selling into the Government space
• A strong business leader with a proven record of accomplishment in building, inspiring and generating new business (new client, new offering or new business area)
• Proven track record of selling a range of IT services into UK Government sector
• Ability to balance flair and innovation with the commercial imperative
• Self-starter, who can lead deals and manage matrix teams
• Strong in relationship development and ongoing management, both internally and externally
You must already hold, or be prepared to undergo, National Security Vetting (NSV) enhanced Security Check (SC) level.
- Delivery Management
- Management Consulting
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.