CGI’s Global Wealth & Capital Markets group is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join the Platform Services Team. The Platform Services team works on key platform components, which are critical components for multiple CGI Wealth Applications and the overall wealth product strategy. This role will be accountable for planning, monitoring and controlling the activities of multiple critical projects/programs. This individual will work with the Platform Services Program Management Team to lead, manage and coach teams to ensure the programs are delivered using best practices, appropriate tools and templates within the time, effort and scope budgeted for in the overall program plan and roadmap.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
As a Senior Project Manager for the Canada Industry Solutions department, your contributions to the overall success of the program(s) & project(s) delivery of key Platform components will consist of:
Planning & Delivery Responsibilities:
• Work with the Platform Services Program Management team to plan, organize and lead
global delivery teams.
• Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected streams through a program master plan
• Build consensus and relationships with project team and business
• Build and manage project schedule, obtaining input from all project stakeholders to gain buy-
in and acceptance of milestones and target completion dates for all project deliverables
• Adhere to established project management processes ensuring approved scope deliverables
• Oversee scope of the project and collaboratively adjusts scope when necessary, ensuring
adherence to established project change management processes
• Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others
Governance, Change & Risk Management Responsibilities:
• Establish effective project oversight and other governance bodies, and engages the correct
levels to support the direction for the project
• Provide on-going communication to key stakeholders, including the Project Sponsors,
Program Manager and Engineering Director to ensure they are aware of significant changes
to the project status in a timely manner
• Communicate project summary, status, financials, etc. to appropriate parties involved in the
governance of the project
• Adhere to governance controls to ensure that projects meet all the performance, quality and
compliance standards and conforms to appropriate methodology
• Ensuring proper Change Management processes, internally and externally (e.g. identification,
tracking, stakeholder management, approvals)
• Proactive risk, issue and stakeholder management (e.g. people, process, tools), including
escalation as required
• Maintain project RAID log, tracking and managing risks, issues, actions and decisions through
to completion by owners
Communication & Collaboration Responsibilities:
• Engage and manage executive sponsors and management team to ensure active
participation on project initiatives
• Manage multiple program stakeholders from cross-functional teams, as well as interfacing
with project leaders, technology specialists, professional staff, vendors and consultants.
• Assess and ensure that customer experience / stakeholder expectations are appropriately
• Communicate & collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals, at all levels
of the organization, to ensure required resources are assigned to the project for successful
• Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners
• Effectively manage and communicate stakeholder expectations related to project cost, time,
and scope of deliverables
Project Budget & Financial Responsibilities:
• Manage scope, estimates and timelines to ensure deliverables are met on time and within
scope and budget
• Manage financials/budget for projects using the appropriate CGI mandated tools
• Work with delivery leads to formulate resource and capacity planning for each program and
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 10+ years of relevant project management experience, with at least 5 – 7 years managing
major Technology projects
• Experience executing projects using different delivery approaches, including waterfall,
iterative, agile, etc.
• Thorough understanding of a variety of agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, Lean and
• Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and how it integrates with the
Project Management Life Cycle
• Organizational and leadership skills with the ability to facilitate technical sessions
• Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead and inspire a team to perform, maximize
the contributions of all team members and communicate effectively, with confidence
• Strong collaboration skills to help uncover stakeholder needs and motivations, influence and
secure the cooperation of key resources, resolve conflicts and negotiate positive outcomes for
• Logical and analytical. Comfortable making decisions under pressure. Able to balance the
level of data required to make a decision with the importance of the outcome
• The ability to understand and learn the dynamics of relationships in an organization to
identify decision makers and influencers, and to predict how new events or situations will
affect the organization
• Resilient under pressure and tight timelines
• Knowledge of productivity and PM tools (MS Office PC software applications - Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
Nice to Have
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
• Experience in the Financial Services sector is an asset
• Technical background in Application Design and Development is an asset
• Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com
- Conflict Resolution
- Financial Services
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.