This is a newly created position working on our MDSS/ATOM, Trading Book Modernization – Risk IT. The primary focus of this role is to provide design expertise, implementation and support of the MDSS application. Additional focus will be to work with other internal application development teams.
What will you do?
• Provide consulting services on new initiatives (small to large of varying complexity).
• Explore new emerging technologies and how they best suit our applications
• Develop, code, document and execute unit test, system, integration and acceptance test using different languages and testing tools for functions of high complexity.
• Ensure adequate technical documentation and training.
• Optimize spark jobs and java applications.
A technical expert in developing, coding, testing and debugging new software or making significant improvements to existing software. Experience and expertise must be significant to support the software design phases. Could be responsible for overall design, development and team coordination on the business system/application. Significant independent judgment is used and may act as a team leader on projects.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Architect, design and implement solutions that meet the stakeholder’s needs
- Participate actively in requirements gathering, data modeling and design sessions
- Prepare high level and detailed technical specifications for the projects in accordance with PLC, security and architecture documentation objectives
- Communicates standards and defends technology and scoping decisions to information technology management and development teams
- Assists in resolving problems with software functionality and suggesting improvements
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project
- Develop, code, document and execute unit tests, systems, integration and acceptance tests and testing tools for functions of high complexity
- Write, test and maintain detailed programs according to specifications given by computer software engineers and systems analysts
- Provide input and coordinates with Database Analyst in creating new and modifying existing database structures using different types of databases
- Conceive, design and test logical structures for solving technical problems
- Participate in walkthrough reviews of all technical specifications, programs and unit test plans
- Perform performance tuning to improve performance over multiple functions
- Provides consulting services on new and existing initiatives
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years application development experience in Hadoop, Spark and Java- Must have
- 7+ years application development experience
- 10+ years of full development life cycle experience, from architecture through test and deployment and cross platform skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
Skills & Competencies:
- Experience in developing and optimizing Big Data applications using Java and Spark.
- Experience in developing/designing micro-service architecture.
- Cloud certified/experience.
- Ability to seek improvements to all aspects of development process
- Knowledge in Market Risk/Capital Markets/Banking.
- Can deal with ambiguity and manage requests for change
- Comfortable in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt quickly; function independently when required
- Ability to work effectively with people from outside the IT team
- Creative thinker, breakthrough innovative, ‘out of the box’ thinker
- Ability to learn new things and ask good questions
- Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills"
- Application Design
- Application Development
- Code Review
- Code Review
- Financial Services
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.