Are you an experienced, passionate project leader looking for new challenges and opportunities? This is a great opportunity to join our CGI team in Halifax providing leading IT services to our clients. CGI is looking for an experience Project Manager who can lead client engagements in the public sector. This is a client-facing role for someone who is detail oriented, understands accountability, can lead teams to deliver successful, on time, and on budget projects. You are a leader who inspires the best attitude and work outcomes from the team members, and is accountable for high client satisfaction.
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders. As a member of CGI’s Atlantic Business Unit (ABU), Systems Integration and Consulting (SI&C) practice, providing service to Public Sector customers, you will be joining an experienced and dynamic team of global IT professionals serving our clients across Canada and the world.
The successful candidate will:
• Be accountable to lead client projects and deliver the planned outcomes on schedule and budget.
• Coordinate and direct the work of the various project team members to ensure deliverables are completed
• Complete Project Management tasks such as: Project Charter, Schedule, Plan and Status
• Be responsible for the project budget
• Be responsible to resource the project as needed
• Prepare and present to client leaders, and senior executives
• Manage Risks and Issues related to the project
• Motivate and coach team members
• Manage escalations, and solve problems or propose solutions as the need arises
• Manage scope, and set expectations so the project is successful
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience working with any level of government
• Five years or more as a Project Manager
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed written, verbal and presentation skills
• Must be goal oriented, results driven and client focused
• Strategic and operational business planning
• Governance and organizational design
• Change management and communications experience
• Undergraduate degree such as Business, Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent
Desirable Skills & Certifications
• Project Management training and certification (PMP)
• Certified Management Consulting (CMC)
• Change Management training and certification
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.