Meet our professionals
CGI USA - Finding your fit
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world. CGI, founded in 1976 on the concept of creating an organization is focused on delivering results and exceeding client expectations. At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
We are looking for a Senior Front-end engineer who is proficient with React.js. Your primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing them following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux). You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will directly work with the business division and IT stakeholders to elicit requirements, design, develop and upgrade custom applications. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Create Technical Specifications and prepare estimates of the work product.
• Develop robust, maintainable and unit tested web applications using ReactJS
• Design and build core modules, reusable components and libraries
• Review code and guide junior members in the team.
• Report status to Project management and interfaces with other IT project teams as needed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 6-8 years of software development experience on front-end technologies like ReactJS, Angular or EmberJS with at least last couple of projects using ReactJS.
• Thorough understanding of ReactJS, life cycle methods, JSX, components, state management, hooks and web application development in general
• Experience with ReactJS workflows like Flux or Redux
• Experience working with unit testing frameworks like Jest, Chai, Puppeteer, Cypress, Jasmine and Mocha
• Proficient in debugging web applications
• Experience in GIT based version control systems
• Working in an Agile environment
• Good to have knowledge on grid libraries, d3, SVG manipulation, Semantic UI or similar frameworks
• Good to have exposure to SQL and a server-side language like C# or Java
CGI is required by law in some jurisdictions to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. The determination of this range includes various factors not limited to: skill set level; experience and training; and licensure and
certifications. CGI typically does not hire individuals at or near the top of the range for their role. Compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $84,000-$165,300
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
What you can expect from us:
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients’ digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today — one of the world’s largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI — where your ideas and actions make a difference.