CGI in Canada
Canadian roots, global reach
Founded in Canada in 1976, CGI has evolved into the country’s largest IT services provider, serving as a long-term, committed partner to clients in Canada and in more than 40 countries around the world. With more than 12,000 professionals across Canada, we work where our clients do business, providing local responsiveness and accountability that ensure the highest level of service and support.
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of a unique culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, to make decisions, to achieve your full potential, and to chart your own career!
CGI's Montreal team seeks a professional who will manage all SAP related processes for our clients, will ensure that all strategies are implemented efficiently and according to plan and that CGI delivers to the satisfaction of our client.
The SAP HCM Project Manager owns the implementation project plan. At a high level, this means being responsible for these four dimensions:
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The Project Manager will be accountable for developing work plans, managing deadlines and coordinating all team activities. Defining and agreeing on deliverables and milestones, setting and controlling the project scope are key areas of accountability. The project manager will be front and center, with high visibility among senior internal and client stakeholders. Responsibilities will include:
• Leading the solution and deployment of the SAP design across all functional areas
• Managing the [project implementation team leads (Functional/technical)
• Presenting weekly status updates to the team, PMO and may be involved with client steering committee meetings
• Maintaining the overall project implementation plan in Microsoft project
• Providing quality assurance, work plan monitoring and updates to the project teams
• Working with the functional and technical teams to confirm the solution architecture
• Leading and managing all project deliverables per the methodology
• Identifying, tracking and mitigating risk
• Managing and coordinating/closing issues related to project delivery and scope/timeline
• Monitoring consultants’ time and expenses per the agreed budget
• Managing CR (Change requests) if timeline, scope or resource requirements change.
• Managing all aspects of the Budget including external resources on the project and any CR related change that will affect the budget
• Managing and leading with the technical team all offshore decisions with our extended team
• Presenting weekly status reports to the team and management
• Knowledge transfer to our offshore team for post implementation support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
The Project Manager will be proficient in the ASAP implementation methodologies:
• Computer Science or Business degree as a minimum
• 5 years + of SAP Project Management experience, preferably working in an agile environment
• 2 full life cycle as SAP Project Management experience
• Experience with project estimating
• PMP certification a plus
• Scrum Master Certification
• SAP ECC 7+ functional experience required
• Experience with SAP Project Methodology and Solution Manager
• Experience HANA or S/4HANA
• Experience leading technical offshore teams
• Understanding and knowledge of testing phase and various tools to capture results
• Strong leadership with the key ability to solve client problems
• Team play who can lead project consultants and client business team members
• At ease communicating at all levels including VP’s
• Superior communication skills – written and oral
• Travel may be necessary in North America
Typical travel Requirement: 10-25% of the time (Toronto, Montreal)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.