Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can apply your experience and technical expertise to help architect client network infrastructure environments to decrease downtime and increase productivity? Our team is responsible for the wireless network environment and services for a large client, offering solutions such as highly available Wireless LAN connectivity, security, collaboration and unified communications, and other wireless services. These services are offered using a variety of hardware from several manufacturers including Cisco, Juniper, Aviat and Redline. If you enjoy providing high quality solutions and excellent customer service, are highly organized and have excellent communication skills, we may be looking for you.
CGI is looking for a Wireless Network Architect to work within our client’s network environment. As part of a team that delivers advanced network solutions and project support, we are looking for the right mix of technical and soft skills in a motivated person to join our team.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Your future duties and responsibilities include:
• Develop wireless network architecture in alignment with industry certifications such as NERC/CIP and the client’s roadmap strategy
• Accountable for overall CIP wireless design
• Contribute to and develop site specific wireless architecture and high-level design document
• Support development of and review (QA) wireless network detailed design documents
• Support and provide oversight to wireless network implementation
• Guide the design team in reviewing site survery results
• Keep informed of emerging and developing technologies in Information Technology, with a focus on Wireless Network strategies
• Interface with various stakeholders (i.e.: Project Managers, Client Delivery Managers, Network Designers & Architects, etc) regarding strategic direction and roadmap for the wireless network
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Expert knowledge and experience in wireless network architecture and design
• Expert knowledge and understanding of complex network environments
• Expert knowledge of network security concepts and solutions
• Expert knowledge of wireless communications standards, wireless signal propagation and heat maps
• Expert troubleshooting skills and critical thinking
• Experience with industrial/commercial systems and physical site construction for network architecture and design
• Industry H2S and PPE safety certifications
• Strong customer service skills are a must, both in-person and over the phone
• A strong team work ethic is required
• Highly organized with strong time management skills
• Thought leadership surrounding issues and observations in the environment
• Initiative, autonomy and a strong sense of urgency
• Advanced Network vendor certifications (Cisco, Juniper, etc) are an asset
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.