Intermediate and Senior Android Mobile Developer (10+Years & 6-9 Years Experience)
• 6+ years of professional experience developing publicly available Android apps using Kotlin and/or Java
• Verifiable experience as an Android developer using Kotlin, Java, Android SDK, Gradle, and Android Studio in an agile environment
• Fluency in Kotlin and/or Java, from industry working experience
• Participated in the release of at least 1 publicly available app to Google Play participating from feature inception to launch using automated tooling like Jenkins, Gradle, and Google Developer APIs.
• Experience working in a team of Android developers participating in code reviews, pull requests, and pair programming.
• Your passion creating amazing experiences on Android using Google’s Material Design guidelines using your strong understanding of functional programming and reactive patterns
• Your deep knowledge of Android design patterns including Clean Architecture. Experience building multi-module Android apps is a big plus. Experience with MVVM/MVI is also a plus.
• Your knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies used in creating performant, resilient, and robust Android apps
• Excellent understanding of testing concepts and frameworks using Junit, Espresso, and Mockito
• Strong understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams.
• Strong understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, and SonarQube to continuously and autonomously deliver high-quality apps to guarantee stable and performant experiences.
• Good understanding of Android Jetpack as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
• Good understanding of Android’s accessibility features and experience building accessible experiences on Android
• Experience with Coroutines, Kotlin Multiplatform Mobile (KMM), and Jetpack Compose is a plus
• Good understanding of Android Architecture Components as well as open-source libraries like Retrofit, Picasso, and OkHttp to build modern, architecturally compliant, and future-ready apps
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- RESTful (Rest-APIs)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.