CGI is seeking accomplished Quality Assurance Analyst with 4+ years of experience to join our RIET and Telecom team in Pittsburgh, PA
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop, execute, and document software test plans using to ensure products meet design specifications.
• Actively participate in scrum meetings, iteration planning, feature demos, as well as write and execute software test plans and procedures in order to identify software issues and causes.
• Provide testing/ QA estimates for the sprint work.
• Assists the Development team in tracking down issues and working out the steps to reproduce errors/ bugs
• Create and execute manual test scripts for regression testing to improve software quality.
• Work closely with development team and other QA team members to analyze functionality and to help identify, analyze, and resolve issues.
• Responsible for baseline testing, regression testing, functional/integration testing, and post release validation of application modules as assigned.
• Responsible for smoke testing and identifying any issues post product release.
• Create SQL scripts from scratch, in order to manipulate and validate data.
• Create, execute and maintain test cases for new and changing functionality.
• Work with team to reduce error rates and perform root cause analysis of errors/trends.
• Design, document and execute test scenarios to identify functional & non-functional software bugs.
• Partner with product teams to design and develop BDD tests, and acceptance criteria.
• Collaborate with application developers in design sessions to understand development approach & build a test strategy.
• Help product and business teams to execute user acceptance testing.
• Carry out root cause analysis of production incident and failures by examining application events and logs in application log management and monitoring tools.
• Report progress, test metrics and results to the project stakeholders.
• Coordinate with development team for feature release and defect management.
• Debug production issues and document steps to replicate the issues in non-production environments.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related degree is required.
• 4+ years of manual testing experience.
• Minimum of 4 years hands on experience in developing regression and functional test plans, managing defects, and implementing automated testing.
• Experience with relational database methodology as well as methods for accessing and validating of data via SQL using Oracle SQL.
• Experience working with test automation engineers to identify requirements/ test cases to be automated.
• Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools.
• Experience with staging test data for testing.
• Attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Clearly demonstrate knowledge in using various testing methodologies Agile and Scrum and logging results using solutions such as ADO.
• Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Experience working with product management and application development teams to deliver high quality applications.
• Experience with application log management, monitoring & operational intelligence tools such as Splunk or Dynatrace.
• Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Experience working in agile or iterative SDLCs.
• Experience reporting progress and results to project stakeholders.
• Experience writing test cases using Gherkins language using Cucumber/ or SpecFlow.
• Experience working with business users to understand/ replicate the application issues/ bugs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Nice to have Java, JS, or equivalent software programming language experience
• Nice to have Experience with version control systems such as Git or an equivalent
• Experience working in TDD, ATDD, and/or BDD a plus.
• Experience working with Robotics Process Automation engineers
• Azure Test plan experience is preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.