Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
As a Senior Maintenance and Support Technical Analyst, you will work with both internal and external partners to provide 24/7 support for RBC and Moneris Credit /Debit card online and clearing systems, which processes over 5 billion transactions annually. In addition, you will oversee the end-to-end infrastructure needs and partner with RBC IT infrastructure teams to research, recommend and implement the solutions that meet stakeholder needs.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
• Opportunities to do challenging work
• Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
• Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Act as the primary IT liaison with multiple interfacing applications, RBC IT infrastructure teams, 3rd party vendors, and business partners
• Perform end-to-end capacity and performance-tuning to maintain or improve performance across multiple systems
• Apply analytical and technical skills to proactively identify, track, manage and resolve application and infrastructure issues
• Provide consulting services on new infrastructure initiatives. Assesses, researches, and analyzes business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs. Develops proposals for senior management, as required
• Partner with both internal and external groups for problem resolution and implementation of support initiatives/defect
• Adhere to standards concerning process, documentation and personal conduct
• Carry the production support Samsung/iPhone on a rotation basis with backup support
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong technical background with 5+ years’ experience on various system platforms
• Strong analytic skills with experience in troubleshooting and analyzing issues within infrastructure and applications
• Experience in IT development, support and implementation lifecycles
• Technical skills – IBM Mainframe experience - JCL, COBOL, CICS, ZEKE, MS, DB2, Endevour, JIRA, any Base24, Interac, HPE NonStop and network knowledge would be a plus
• Ability to quickly adapt to changing circumstances
• Always curious and invest energy to learn quickly
• 3 to 5 years in a support capacity with Point of Sale knowledge
• Some experience in different programming languages: C,C++, HTML/Java, Python, VB, etc. along with DevOps experience - Jenkins, UCD, GitHub along with
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills dealing with both internal and external clients
• University degree or College diploma preferred
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.