CGI is seeking a Business Analyst.
Will need to be analytical, organized and motivated to deliver accurate timely results of associated reports and documentation for the business.
Will assist the Delivery Managers responsible for operational support and Project Managers leading assigned engagements while working in a high paced and dynamic environment.
You will be responsible for application development requirements gathering, working with the client and CGI Developers to complete the Application Design Documentation, and assisting with the overall success of assigned projects. You will work directly with our clients to translate business requirements into technical specifications working with the CGI Developers to prepare design documentation, and accomplish the expected results. You will also assist in testing, and provide training and implementation support. You may also be required to write user manuals or other relevant documentation
You will be responsible for managing client relationships including general, ongoing communications, negotiation of scope and schedule changes, risks management, issue resolution, and ongoing progress reporting. You will shape client expectations, and may assist with management of contracts and scope related to the project.
You may be assigned to lead small projects or initiatives where you would be expected to plan, direct, and monitor the work produced by our team(s) to include planning and implementing appropriate quality assurance activities.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
You should have a broad knowledge of industry best practices surrounding business analysis and project management, and be able to proactively identify potential risks in order to advise and consult with clients on risk identification, analysis, and mitigation strategies.
He or she must have a minimum of three (3) years of business analyst experience and preferably some project management experience.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required to have the skills and experience to properly manage the requirements gathering process from conception through to amicably agreed design documentation and prefer experience in managing the entire lifecycle of software related projects, from inception through successful delivery and closeout.
• Must have 3 - 5 years of business analyst experience in the application development field
• Must have experience in requirements gathering, including the demonstrated ability to define and document system requirements and expectations from end users and other stakeholders, then convert those goals into actionable project tasks.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prefer experience in managing software related projects using the software development lifecycle
• Prefer consulting experience in customer-facing engagements..
• Timely, decisive, and effective problem-solving skills
• Behave in an ethical and professional manner
• Handle the pressures of simultaneous tasks, issues, problems, and ambiguity
• Be flexible as to behavior or work methods in response to changes or new obstacles on a project
• Travel: Ability to travel to local client site as necessary
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Skill Set/Years of experience/Proficiency Level
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $67,000-$75,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.