CGI is seeking an IT Service Operations Manager to join our team!
You will be joining a dynamic and fast-paced team implementing mission critical systems!
If you are an IT Service Operations Manager with experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tiered, multi-platform, integrated systems; excellent problem-solving skills; a strong work ethic that takes full ownership of the team’s workload; being very responsive to requests for assistance; and the ability to effectively work with other teams, then this might be the role for you.
As a member of the project Production Operations team, the Service Operations Manager leads a team of 20 service operators on day-to-day activities including but not limited to job scheduling and execution, monitoring and event management, and incident and problem management.
Moreover, since new systems are being implemented, the Service Operations Manager works with Development, Business Implementation, Technical, and Architecture teams to develop new and improve existing service operations procedures.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the Service Operations Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
Service Operations Team activities:
• Manages, supports, and mentors a team of 20 Service Operators and plans team work shifts to provide appropriate and essential coverage
• Develops Service Operations Procedures and enforces team’s adherence to those procedures
• Works with the Development and Business Implementation teams to learn the technical and functional aspects of new services prior to being released into production
• Coordinates the development and maintenance of the Job Schedule and Run Books
• Works with the Technical and Architecture teams to design and implement Monitoring and Event Management
• Shares off-hours on-call Incident Management responsibilities with the Level 2 Service Desk Manager and coordinates Major Incident Management activities both on- and off-hours
• Assists the Level 2 Service Desk Manager with Problem Management activities, ensuring Root Causes and Resolutions (Corrective Actions and Workarounds) are properly captured in Incident and Problem Reports; ensures Corrective Actions are implemented
• Closely monitors Operations Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), identifying and analyzing gaps to produce plans of action for ensuring compliance with contractual requirements
Contractual Deliverables activities:
• Works with Operations Discipline Manager to maintain deliverable schedules within the Ops schedule
• Assists the Operations Discipline Manager in the development of the Service Operations Management Plan and the Release Management Plan deliverables
• Ensures deliverables meet CGI standards in terms of completeness of information and quality of writing
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3 – 5 years relevant business experience in managing Service Operations
• Excellent team leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills; ability to understand & analyze an issue or problem to develop & implement a corrective action plan
Skill set/Years of experience:
Managing infrastructure or IT Operations Service Desk - 3 to 5 years
Desired qualifications/non-essential skills required
Experience in CA Service Desk, AppDynamics, and Tivoli Workload Scheduler
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $75K-$130K*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals “members” to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI’s benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.