CGI is looking for a talented a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to our team in Nashville, TN. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class IT company, for a permanent position in the Nashville metro area providing leading IT services to our local enterprise clients. Initial focus is a complex, multi-year project leveraging a services-based architecture using Amazon Web Services.
To ensure success as a Software QA Engineer, you should have knowledge of software design and engineering, a good eye for detail, and a natural gift for software troubleshooting. A skilled Software QA Tester should be able to identify even the smallest flaw in software solutions and suggest simple yet effective fixes.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Collaborate with team members to find better, more efficient ways of doing things
• Design and execute thorough test scenarios, scripts and procedures based on approved requirements and test plans, utilizing industry standard testing methodologies or processes
• Perform all aspects of testing, taking part in every phase of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Ensure that all test items follow established processes and are tested and tracked using the provided test management software
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Candidate must have Bachelor Degree or equivalent work experience in Information Systems or related field.
• Experience writing software test cases/scripts, explaining test results, and analyzing requirements for testable outcomes.
• Experience working with query, requirements/configuration management, and defect tracking tools such as JIRA
• Experience identifying gaps and deficiencies in business requirements, technical specifications, designs and testing documentation for completeness and testability
• Experience with test management tools
• Be highly motivated by delivering excellent services to our clients and ensuring their satisfaction
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience with office productivity tools (e.g., Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and groupware applications (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint).
• Experience in writing simple SQL queries
• Excellent client interaction skills.
- Jira management software
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
- Testing Environments
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.