Meet our professionals
CGI Insights you can act on
CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms globally, is at the forefront of transforming digital experiences. Through practical and strategic innovations, we are helping drive value and greater efficiencies into commercial and government organizations around the world.
We are growing our team and are looking to establish a center of excellence to deliver the best in class service to our many different clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Lead a team of developer to successful delivery
• Act as the CTO of the team, helping them on any issues
• Technical analysis and produce technical artefacts
• Perform code and design reviews
• Responsible for developing and managing the development of wealth management applications
• Provide technical problem solving / technical analysis skills to the team though coaching and mentoring activities
• May participate in/lead emerging digital transformation technology projects
• May participate in/lead application design activities creating multi-platform applications that span mobile, tablet, desktop and connected devices
• Act as a resource for software developers on policies, procedures, design concepts and technical issues
• Maintain and enhance existing software to address strategic business development needs to improve the software
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• At least 10 years of solid experience in Java implementation technologies: Java EE 5, Spring framework, Tomcat and Security (SAML or SSO preferred)
• Excellent understanding of key concepts of architecture in a distributed environment (SOA , etc.)
• Experience with development life cycle including:
o Source control ( GIT, CVS, Subversion , etc.)
o Build scripts ( Ant , Maven , etc.)
o Development of unit tests ( JUnit , TDD, etc.)
o CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins/Bamboo etc.)
• Knowledge of XML , XSLT , XML Schema and JSON
• Solid experience with any RDBMS (Oracle a preference)
• Exposed to various technologies such as web-based, mobile, tablet, desktop and batch
• Proficient in managing the development of multi-tier, secure business applications for high availability, scalability and performance
• Ability to rapidly develop expertise in emerging technologies through hands on, real-time - on the fly exposure and involvement
• Excellent technical problem solving abilities with successfully implemented solutions
• Understanding of object-oriented analysis, design and development
• Experience with RDBMS is required. Programming experience with Oracle PL / SQL
• Proven ability to write high quality technical documentation (in English)
• Deep experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM))
• Provide mentorship to developers on the team and provide leadership in establishing good automation practices
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.