If you are passionate about ‘Doing the job right’ and enjoy working with a team of experienced professionals, who are committed to technology and delivery, then CGI is the right place for you.
We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and upbeat atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of dedication. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals.
We are growing in Alberta, currently looking for a QA Specialist, with a minimum of 5 years of testing life cycle experience, to help us do that! The successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of software verification and validation of a large infrastructure project on behalf of our client.
The person who fills this position will be joining a team with an established collaborative management approach and Client customized methodology in place. You will have the opportunity to work at client location and to collaborate with expert colleagues. We offer a dynamic and flexible work environment and numerous career advancement opportunities.
O čem tato pozice je:
- Develop test scripts
- Develop/provide to Commissioning Strategy/Plan development
- Coordinate commissioning, testing and results capture
- Manage punch list and ensure punch remediation
- Build and maintain relevant documentation including Test strategies, Test plans and Test Summary Reports in alignment with Client specific methodology
- Assess testing risk during planning and mitigating degree of risk going into production
- Provide status update on QA activities to the testing group and Project teams, partners at defined frequency and proactively communicate during all phases of the project.
- Advance testing issues if any on timely manner
- Size test effort, identifies tasks, and documents task for inclusion in the project plan and test plans
- Depending on the size of the project, the Test Lead will also play the Tester role for the project
- Build and maintain well organized test case libraries
- Lead Entry and Exit Criteria reviews
- Coordinate SIT and UAT Test phases. Set up expectations and provides direction to the UAT testers.
- Manage the defect management process across multiple projects.
- Schedule and coordinate access to the appropriate test environment
- Provide mentorship and standard methodologies for testing
Co od Tebe očekáváme:
- 5 years Testing Lifecycle
- 3 years Data Analysis
- Experience in Industrial/Commercial/Construction testing – eg. Survey & coverage etc.
- Testing knowledge of network performance testing
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Diploma in IT with equivalent IT experience
- Industry recognized testing certification(s)
Candidate must live in Fort McMurray or be willing to work 2 weeks on-site in Fort McMurray, 1 week remotely, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. Transportation from Calgary or Edmonton and accommodation are provided.
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
- Data Analysis
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Test Case / Script Development
- Test Planning & Implementation
Od můžeš očekávat Ty od nás:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.