CGI is currently seeking a Project Coordinator who has a proven track record in project support and/or project coordination, preferably with experience working in a consulting/contracting or information technology environment supporting Service Delivery Managers and Technical leaders.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual wanting to progress their career. It will challenge the successful candidate to develop and enhance their project coordination and administration skills in a fast paced environment working with multiple delivery teams. This role is full time at the client site.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Assist project management professionals, technical users and end users in coordination and synchronization activities
- Track project change requests
- Manage, maintain and control relevant project information in manual and/or electronic files
- Project information may include: project documentation; project charter; estimates; budget projections; dependencies; project plan; activity schedule; risk identification & management plan; communication & organizational change plan; Issues log; status reports; correspondence; meeting minutes; and project closeout report
- Communicate with project management professionals, technical users and end users on administrative matters related to the project
- Build and update plans and schedules
- Supervise and lead project change requests
- Lead, update and control relevant project information in manual and/or electronic files
- Schedule and document meetings with client and internal partners
- Adhere to Client and CGI processes
- Provide administrative support as the need arises to project team(s)
- Perform team duties as needed
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of Project Administration/Coordination experience
- Must be willing to work in Fort McMurray as per the following schedule: If located in Fort McMurray, working on site Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm; if If located in Edmonton or Calgary, working 2 weeks on site and one week remotely, Monday-Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or Business Administration
- Knowledge in leading or supporting Infrastructure projects / work requests
- Experience with forecasting, budgeting and working in an Agile/Dev Ops Environment a benefit
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures
- Ability to take ownership of a process and make recommendations to improve it
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Results oriented with a proven track record of successful delivery
- Pride in ownership
- Critical thinking skills and Detail oriented
- Quick learner / adaptable
- Works well independently and within a team environment
- Strong MS Office skills
- Administrative Support
- Agile Business Analysis
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Project Management
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.