In this role, you will be working on a complex payment processing application that will provide an opportunity to expand your technical and domain skills in the payments domain. The role offers a challenging environment with an exposure to work directly with client on various aspects of payments processing that involves interacting with multiple teams, utilizing multiple technologies and supporting an application which provides a high visibility to your contributions. The job offers opportunities to work on analysing complex system issues, working with vendors and witnessing real payment processing in a banking domain. The role requires strong interpersonal skills, high competency, and ability to quickly adapt and contribute to a continually changing application.
Sr. Mainframe/SWIFT App. Support Engineer
Your future duties and responsibilities:
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working on developing and providing support for application built using Mainframe/SWIFT.
o Leads and participates in the monitoring, maintenance, support and modernization of systems and software to ensure stability and compliance to technology standards.
o Analyze application logs, messaging queues and understand cause of underlying exceptions
o Educates and coaches more junior staff to ensures in depth knowledge of supported systems and applications.
o Leads application governance, such as required attestations, continuity testing, impact analysis, responding to audit/regulatory inquiries and complying with technology standards.
o CUSTOMER FOCUSED – Knowledgeable of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions and able to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
o MANAGING RISK – Assessing and effectively managing all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure they adhere to and support PNC's Enterprise Risk Management Framework.
o Debug existing code to identify issues and identify optimal resolution/fixes.
o Debug Linux/Unix Scripts as per requirement.
o Query DB2 database to troubleshoot issues during application supports and issues.
o Work with Vendors to provide logs, report failures and articulate issues clearly.
o Support and troubleshoot Mainframe and Cobol written application modules.
o Troubleshoot issues during deploys and server restarts and engage required teams.
• Level 3 application support
o On-call Rotation on weekly basis to perform day to day activities
o Co-ordinate with L1 Support team.
o Monitors systems availability, performance, and capacity against baseline metrics and reports trends. Implements methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for monitoring software reliability and resolving incidents.
o Receiving and Acknowledging tickets with SLA
o Incident priority assessment, triaging and resolution within resolution SLA’s
o Application monitoring and preventive maintenance
o Health Checks and Status reporting on Daily basis
• Incident and problem management
o Incident detection, resolution and/or escalation. Analyze and identify root cause of incidents. Gathers information and reports out on design, reliability, maintenance problems and bugs.
o Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex production application defects.
o Identify root cause and advise and implement permanent solutions to recurring defects
• Understand the overall End to End Banking application framework and application interactions.
• Understand data processing and scheduling such as CA-7
• Work on Linux/UNIX platform to perform issue triages, create scripts for automation.
• Work experience on Cobol and Mainframe platform to perform issue troubleshooting and fixes.
• Analyze monitoring tools for High memory utilization, CPU utilization and analyze heap dumps.
• Extensively use DB2 to write queries, analyze slow queries in prod and perform optimization.
• Performs maintenance, including installation of patches and upgrades. Coordinates with delivery teams to ensure changes are implemented in order to maintain a stable production environment.
• Participate and support application upgrades / patches, infrastructure maintenance validation
• Identify and Propose process improvements and application monitoring enhancements.
• Support disaster recovery and business resiliency testing / validation.
• Assist clients in Audit reviews and to produce Audit related reports.
• Support Risk management (vulnerabilities, patches)
• Monitor production jobs, environments using monitoring tools.
• Code new programs to create reports, automate reconciliation, or enhance existing programs and integrate packaged vendor solutions with existing systems.
• Document, test (unit and integration), implements and provide on-going support for the applications.
Follow SDLC standards, source code management, and release management procedures.
The project team needs Sr. Mainframe/SWIFT App. Support Engineer with below skillset.
• Experience supporting Mainframe/Cobol implementations.
• Decision Making and Critical Thinking – Understanding of the issues related to the decisions-making process; able to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
• Experience in DB2& RDBMS (Oracle, Teradata. SQL Server)
• Experience in Messaging Queues and File Transmission Experience
• Experience with troubleshooting distributed application deployed on the stack.
• Prepare Guides and collaborate with development teams through the design, build, and implementation phases of system deployments.
• Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
• Application Maintenance – Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
• Application Programming Interfaces (API’s) – Knowledge and ability to write, test, and debug application programming interfaces (APIs).
• process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
• IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization’s IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
• IT Incident Management – Knowledge of and ability to investigate, troubleshoot, resolve and prevent the recurrence of incidents that interfere with the normal delivery of IT services.
• IT Service Management (ITSM) – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of management skill sets and technical tools to ensure quality and high standards in IT services.
• IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
• Packaged Application Integration – Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
• Problem Management – Knowledge of the processes involved in problem control, error control and the production of management information; the ability to identify the root cause of problems in a timely and accurate manner and bring them to a successful resolution.
• Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of methods and techniques to elicit, analyze and record required business functionality and non-functionality requirements; ability to analyze these requirements to ensure the success of a system or software development project.
• Software Reliability Management – Knowledge of, and ability to develop and use, principles, methodologies and metrics that increase software product performance and reliability.
• System Development Life Cycle – Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
• Technical Troubleshooting – Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- 8+ years of experience as a Developer & Support working on Mainframe/Swift Applications.
Extensive knowledge of Mainframe application.
Must have excellent interpersonal skills, and willing to learn and contribute in other areas of project.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
UNIX, Shell scripting
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
·CA7 Scheduling, IBM Connect Direct, SWIFT Language experience, Messaging and File Transmission Experience, Networking/VPN Experience
Minimum Education Required: Bachelors Degree
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.