Do you thrive in a fast paced environment where you can apply your technical skills and experience to help support End Users to decrease downtime and increase productivity? CGI is looking for experienced individuals to join our team to help support a rapidly changing environment. If you enjoy providing a high caliber of customer service, are highly organized and have excellent communication skills we may be looking for you. You will be challenged through the complexity of the environment, new technology implementation projects as well as your daily operational tasks.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for daily operational duties as a Desktop Support Technician. Duties will include deployments of computers and computer peripherals. Troubleshooting and incident resolution of issues submitted by End Users both from a software and hardware perspective (including Operation Systems, Desktop Applications, Desktops, Laptops, Surface Pro Tablets, etc.) Assisting to troubleshoot and resolve issues with simple network, voice, server and meeting room related issues as a Smarthands resource.
• Perform installation of Desktop Software, Desktops, Laptops, Tablets – Surface Pros and various peripherals
• Troubleshooting common issues with Desktop Software and Operating Systems
• Repair and replace components in warranty and non-warranty hardware (Desktops, Laptops, Tablets – Surface Pros, Peripherals)
• Perform End User moves from various office locations including all computer related hardware and peripherals
• Assist with troubleshooting and resolution of issues with simple network, voice, server and meeting room related issues as a Smarthands resource (hands and feet)
• Coordinating work with Client and Third Party Vendors
• Management of Desktop Hardware Configuration Management Databases (updating location and asset information)
• On-Call / Standby relating to high priority Deskside, Network, Hosting incidents afterhours
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Strong experience in Windows 10 operating systems
• Strong experience troubleshooting and resolving issues with Desktop Hardware and Peripherals (from manufacturers such as Hewlett-Packard, Dell, Microsoft, etc.)
• Experience in providing in-person and remote troubleshooting of Desktop Software
• Experience in providing Smarthands assistance in Network, Storage and Meeting Room Support Services to assist teams as hands and feet for devices such as routers, switches, wireless access points, meeting room equipment (speakers, microphones, televisions, touch panels, etc.)
• Strong customer service skills is a must both in-person and over the phone
• Strong team work ethics is required for success of this role
• Highly organized with strong time management skills
• Strong ticket management abilities
• Thought leadership surrounding issues and observations in the environment
• Initiative, autonomy and a strong sense of urgency
• Knowledge of ITIL is an asset
• Network, Storage and Meeting Room Support experience and certification is an asset
• A+ Certification is an asset
• Experience working in Oil & Gas environment is an asset
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records are welcome to apply.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.