Do you want to be a part of a team, which helps societies to advance towards a more innovative, secure and sustainable future? Do you want to be more than just an employee is? We are members and shareholders of a company who go beyond the ordinary to build a better tomorrow.
We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our awesome team in CGI Estonia to work on an international project for developing a spatial information management system for Finnish local municipalities. The system is being developed in an Agile team distributed between Tartu in Estonia and Helsinki in Finland. We are looking for a full-stack developer with a focus on back-end and integrations.
Your future responsibilities:
• Implement new features according to specification and requirements in the product backlog;
• Test your work and fix bugs;
• Communicate your results and problems in daily Scrum meetings;
• Document your work.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 5+ years of experience as a Java developer;
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux OS;
• Familiarity with Agile software development principles;
• Familiarity with Spring Boot 2+, JPA, Hibernate, REST;
• Excellent team-working and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent spoken and written English;
• The ability to read, understand and speak Finnish is a plus;
• Hands-on experience with the following is a plus: Apache Camel, Oracle database, HATEOAS Driven REST API, JAX-WS, HTML/HTML5, XML, CSS, Apache Tomcat;
• Experience working in an international, multi-location Scrum team is a plus.
• Opportunity to become a shareholder of CGI;
• Home office opportunity;
• Opportunities for a career in an international company;
• Competitive wage package;
• Support for professional development and growth, both in your expertise field and in the CGI Group;
• Good work-life balance: our family- and health-friendly work environment, comfortable office, cheerful colleagues, great joint events, flexible working hours, etc. help take care of your body and mind.
We will offer you a membership beyond the ordinary:
As a member of CGI you have the opportunity to be an owner and to work in an environment where you enjoy working and feel empowered. With us, you’ll have plenty of possibilities to take care of yourself and the communities around you. You will have the opportunity to work with major local and global clients from different industries in challenging projects that have a true impact on our future. With us at CGI you can develop your career as an expert or if you like or take new steps towards managerial position. It’s up to you to get our full support to get you where you want to be.
This is what we call a membership beyond the ordinary.
Ready to be a member?
Great, because we´d love to hear from you! Apply for the position by clicking on the “I´m interested” button at the top or bottom of the page.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.