Meet our professionals
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
CGI seeks a Technical Lead who will collaborate in a highly dynamic and fast paced environment, working closely with our internal and external clients. The ideal candidate wants to maximize groundbreaking technology, exploring exciting areas of our clients' and CGI’s future business as a member of an industry leader.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Perform analysis, design, development and testing of various application components on IDR
- Understand business requirements and translate them to specifications
- Provide Technical Lead support; produce effort estimates, user documentation, stay attuned to the newest technologies
- Coordinate the tasks of a team of technical developers (onshore and / or offshore)
- Build and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Liaise with business partners to ensure the SDT meets business expectations and planning future changes to achieve improvements
- Provide domain expertise and technical direction to the development team
- Review work of development team and responsible for code quality
- Resolve critical production issues
- Drive and deliver business communication
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of application programming and analysis experience with DataStage v8.5 or higher
- 7+ years direct experience working with: SQL for DB2 z/OS, in-depth knowledge of common QA standard methodologies, principles and processes, Unix/Linux Scripting, Toad
- Broad level of understanding around information systems and application architecture standards
- Experience designing, developing and testing applications using emerging technologies
- In-depth experience translating system requirements into technical requirements
- Demonstrable ability to easily recognize system deficiencies and implements effective solutions
- Ability to coach and mentor more junior resources
- Strong consulting and interpersonal skills
- Proven leadership, Analytical skills, Autonomy
- Solid teammate, Customer oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications, with an ability to extract specifications from clients
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and thoroughness
- A flexible approach to a changing work environment
- Bilingual (French/English)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.